WNW kits - very cheap from the manufacturer!!

SimonCornes

Agreed Hubert. If nothing else, it deserves an honorable mention for sure. The Brits seem to, on a semi regular basis, produce aircraft that are so incredibly bloody ugly as to be almost pity worthy, if not approaching admirable.

I'm sure though that the Brits know something we, the great unwashed, don't however.

I expect their aircraft are much more efficient, having no real need for drag producing wings and all.

They're so incredibly, completely, unspeakably ugly that the earth simply repels them into the sky.

Handley Page Harrow, anyone?

Lol, I have thought the same...how can a country that produced some of the most beautiful aircraft in the world also produce the fugliest? But then again, they produced Jeremy Clarkson and Sienna Miller...

• 2 weeks later...

Got my AEG today, except for a few dinks in the boxtop, and the aforementioned "WD" written on top, it looks nearly new. Inside parts still sealed. WNW included a free book as well.

Nice to have a model company that cares about modellers and maintains a good relationship with them.

DG

Got mine yesterday

37119645556_a29206d1b2.jpg

37119643856_ff91d45e38.jpg

The boxes are slightly damaged, but the contents are in pristine condition!

But hey, I don´t collect boxes, I could have bought then without the boxes altogether.

The instructionbook was missing in the Rumpler kit tough, but I have one more so that´s OK with me.

Two nice kits for less then half the price from Hannants, and that includes Shipping and VAT!

Only wish I had bought more....

Many thanks to WNW for giving us the opportunity to get these kits so cheap!

Stefan  :)

Edited by Phantom2

Guest Clunkmeister

I have no problems with it. I like to build models, not speculate on them. I have a big stash, but I hardly ever sell anything, just trade and occasionally gift one. Other than that, they're made for building and that's what happens.  :)

I have no problems with it. I like to build models, not speculate on them. I have a big stash, but I hardly ever sell anything, just trade and occasionally gift one. Other than that, they're made for building and that's what happens.  :)

I completely agree, Ernie. But Wingnut Wings' box art really is art, and it's a shame to see it defaced this way, however necessary or inconsequential.

Kev

Guest Clunkmeister

Kevin, I actually plan on framing an example of each box art I have.  But I'm not sure if I should do it with the ends, etc, or just the front picture, because you're right, those pictures ARE art in every sense.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I got my Rumpler C.IV early today, box was demolished crushed on every corner so bad that I worried the plastic inside was broken, but it was not. I did have to pull the box apart to get the sprues out, but they were ok. Decals and instructions were also ok. They even threw in a book on the Hisso...which they are now twisting my arm to buy one. I wished I took advantage of some earlier kits available, as I procrastinated so long there were only two kits available at the end. Nevertheless, I have three kits now and three on the way.