PCM Spitfire Mk.XIVc

The colored IP is indeed provided in the box, it is made of three pieces glued on top of each other which gives it a nice 3D effect. I checked tonight the PCM website (www.pacmodels.com) and this kit appears to be still in stock and is sold for USD 70.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Maru Thank you for encouraging me to post. I made some progress but there is not a ton to see for now because it has been a lot of sanding, puttying and resanding. The fit of this kit is not bad at all but by all means it does not fall together without effort. Here are two in progress shots:

spitreadyforprimer_zps5ylwgzdz.jpg

spitreadyforprimer2_zpsu1m4sx01.jpg

Since these two shots, I have finished sanding, rescribed some of the lost panel lines and rivets and primed the kit. I have applied the sky color on the tail and the yellow on the front of the wings. Once I have masked these I will start the camo. I have also done the prop and wheels and will post some pictures tonight. Thanks for following this build, this is a fun GB and I am very much looking forward to the Eric Brown GB starting as we should see an amazing range of airframes (I am thinking of building a HS-123...). David

Collin,

your spit looks amazing! I very much doubt will be looking as good, but I will try my best. I have done the camo. It looks pretty harsh right now but I will tone it done with a blue-grey filter.

Camo3_zpsn47f0kuz.jpg

Camo2_zpsmnhhwu9o.jpg

Camo1_zpsvdobnbfs.jpg

To mask the camo, I used Panzer putty:

Panzer%20putty_zpstr2gsw19.jpg

Pretty amazing stuff, it warps around details very gently and is a breeze to remove and reusable too. On the home stretch now. Thanks for watching.

David