Spitfire Mk IXc 306 (Polish) Squadron, RAF Northolt

Iain

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Focussing on some review content at the mo - so failed miserably on pix at the weekend (and lost another close friend to the big 'C' - so Spits were last thing on mind).

Iain

• 7 years later...

OK - so following a prod from my good friend @Phartycr0c I dug this project - along with the PR Mk.XI conversion - off the shelf at the office for a coat of looking at.

I have three boxes in total - contents all a bit random/mixed up now since the third was completed as a two-seater - so it's a bit of a 'Time-Team' dig.

But - I *think* there are still all the parts needed to finish this one, as well as the Mk.XI conversion.

I've moved from the original Edgar Brooks Spitfire Tribute Group Build to here - with the plan of working on the two remaining Tamiya Spits over lunch-times when I'm in the office.

So, hopefully, pick up with some updates in the next few weeks...

Iain

Actually - there's also some inspiration for this one from an overnight stay at RAF Northolt a few weeks back, when we took my friend's Scottish Aviation Bulldog in for the Night Shoot - and got to see a lot of the history relating to the Polish Squadrons based there during the war.

48b427_c524f978a5824754b4dbcf6015b54bee~

48b427_aed48def44f94cd7b3fef88ada28c68b~

Blue skies,

Iain