My HB Mk.Vb/ Trop

I have never taken part in a group build before but when I found this one I knew I had to take part, initially I was planning a Tamiya Mk. XVI but after seeing a few Mk. V builds I knew I needed one to add to my 1/32 Spitty collection.........

20160102_201213_zpstlpgzbxx.jpg

I have also ordered some carefully selected AM items...........

20160102_201100_zpsp2fhlhhp.jpg

I have gone for.......

Barracuda Mk I-V seat update

Barracuda Mk I-V Cockpit update

Barracuda Mk I-V Cockpit door

Barracuda Z-block wheels........not sure if these are right for this build??

Quickboost Fishtail exhausts

Quickboost Spitfire Mk V Stabilizer

Yahu Mk V instument panel

HGW belts

Montex mask set

Techmod stencil set

Bit of a list but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to this stuff, also I'm on a deadline to finish this by early May as I'm getting married on the 3rd June and then off on Honeymoon so want a clear workbench for July.

Another good reason for choose this one is I really want a USAAF Spitfire so have decided on this scheme.......

20160102_201255_zpsll4ugzc2.jpg

Really looking forward to getting into this build, engine all closed up for structure for a quickish build is the plan......lets see how it goes on that one.

Regards. Andy

Managed to make a start on this one this evening beginning with having a look to see how the Barracuda seat will fit the Hobby Boss kit........

20160105_203606_zpsiqbbgrjy.jpg

With some careful removal of the fictitious kit mounting points and a little trimming here and there I think it will be fine, this is the third time I have used one of these Barracuda seats and still blown away with the quality.

I also realized that when the armoured headrest was fitted there was a blank behind so the belts would not be able to installed correctly.......

20160105_201230_zpskxevxs61.jpg

20160105_202957_zpspndjhxp0.jpg

Pleased I spotted that one before going any further.

Regards. Andy

Also not sure if I should give the fuselage aft of the cockpit the Archer domed rivet treatment........

20160105_192208_zpsotexi6bf.jpg

The kit has quite restrained engraved detail but I would like to add raised rivet detail but not sure if it would look right next to the existing detail?

Regards. Andy

After another look at various photo's I decided to get the Mr dissolved putty out and begin filling the engraved rivet detail on the fuselage........although very restrained I really want to add the domed rivet detail when the two halves are together.

20160106_205203_zpsitbqvrft.jpg

Hopefully will be worth the effort, I tried it on my Revell Spit build last year and was pretty happy with the results so fingers crossed all goes well again this time.

Regards. Andy