FINISHED: Spitfire IIa, P7834 RY:F, 313 (Czechoslovak) Sqn, 1941

MikeC

So here it is:  Frantisek Fajtl's Spitfire IIa, 313 (Czechoslovak) Sqn, RAF Portreath, August-November 1941.  As you may remember, I said I wanted to keep weathering to a minimum as the aircraft was fresh out of repair and repaint, with perhaps a couple of operational sorties by the time I've depicted it.  So there's no gun staining and very little exhaust staining, and underneath just the beginning of the characteristic Spitfire oil stains.

I particularly like this variant of the day fighter scheme, with ocean gey and green, but with the A/A1/B markings.

Finished01_zps74hymy4x.jpg

Finished02_zps3ssckliz.jpg

Finished03_zpsjk3vr3hu.jpg

Finished04_zpsug5nplin.jpg

Hope you like it - thank you for all your comments so far, more comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Thank you all for coming on this journey with me, the first time I've ever entered a GB and seen it through to completion.  And finally, thanks to Edgar for all the info over the years, I've certainly used some his knowledge on this model.

Very many thanks to everyone for all your compliments and support.  This model has had its share of issues: some I've documented in here (losing bits and breaking the tailwheel for example);  some others have documented when talking about the kit (like the shape issues); but despite all those it's been fun, and without wishing to boast I'm actually quite pleased with the outcome.

To work in a shameless plug, its first outing will be at my Club's show, Milton Keynes ModelKraft, next Sunday (24th April) on the LSP/32 SIG table.  Hope to see you there.