North American BC-1 Trainer (Harvard Mk1) 1/48 Vacform - Sierra Scale

SirBlueHenry

Spent ages recessing the fuel cap holes and then cutting fuel caps. On this photo for some strange reason it looks like the wing has 2 concaves in it - thats just the photo - no idea - maybe my fingers were causing shadow. I see the left fuel cap doesnt look too good in this photo. I will see if it needs work tonight.35433099905_734b500452_b.jpg

glued the upper surface. The fuel caps will go in after spraying. drilled holes for mounting to the fuselage, which will get attached to the 2 short cross braces which will fix under the cockpit floor.

Spent some time mating the fuselage to the wing upper surface so that there's no gap. still not perfect but not too bad.

Rudder is not glued on yet and is kept separate till painting is done. (as with the wings)

SBH,

She's lookin' real good. I'm personally glad that you decided to keep on working on the BC-1 through completion, as she's really taking on shape now.

Joel

what happened was - my pins ended up so close to the fuselage side walls that although the fuselage fitted on beautifully without the cross-braces - with them on - the fuselage was being forced open a bit - so i need to drill 4 new holes and trim the cross braces back by about a mm each side. - and then also the available space under the frame was a bit tight so I need to thin my cross- braces even more.

Should a be a quick job tonight.

The 4 holes that remain will be hidden and no problem.

Strangely - I did measure originally but must have been a bit over- optimistic in getting such a close fit.

The fact that my crossbraces are not perfectly aligned will also be fixed - i was just being in too much of a rush

JBH,

Can't think of a single build that hasn't had issues no matter how great the kit was, nor how good the builder was. It's just part of the hobby. Being able to fix a screw up is the other half of the coin. And so far you've fix them all.

Joel

Thanks Joel. Last night I fixed the cross- braces. The fuselage fit is about 98% now. Just a little final tweaking should make it ready for crossbrace glueing to fuselage.

Got a bit excited and thought I could maybe spray - then realised I still have leading edges to do :)

In the meantime I will also mount the engine and cowling.