Ki-43-II Hayabusa | Hasegawa 1:32

Kendzior

Just for an FYI in case anyone's interested; Aotake ranged in color from a deep blue to almost green according to what I remember reading in Mikesh's book on Japanese Interior Colors.  However within that range there was always the fact that it was translucent.

That's absolutely right.

When building a Japanese aircraft models any general rules can lead to mistakes.

Here I have just chosen the most probable color and used Tamiya's version of Aotake.

Thanks for all nice comments, Gents :)

Best regards

Hubert

Looks good. Nice first effort.

One point: wires ought to be flat, no sheen.

The engine has been just primed with Citadel's Chaos Black, so this is not a final finish. Going to add some colours and dust here and there, would love to get a similar result like here

Thanks for watching, best regards :)

Hubert

• 1 month later...

Two months since my last update here - but the progress is rather slow. 

Fitted the engine and its cowling - now on can really see, that Hayabusa is a beautiful fighter airplane, with its clean and delicate lines. Lovely.

2p8wiO.jpg

0wFWJK.jpg

iU3GSm.jpg

KHzn8j.jpg

Mlig1h.jpg

The next thing to be decided is the painting scheme... can't find any good photo or drawing with the "Racoon special" inscription... there are some decals in 1:48th, but no way to get a good resolution photo of the sheet in the net. 

P5XumL.jpg

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

Best regards
Hubert

Hi Hubert,

I think I have the 1/48 scale decals tucked away in my collection of decals. I will look and see if I'm correct. Do you just want a high resolution scan of the decal sheet if I have these? I always have wanted to do the captured Zeros on the sheets either in 1/48 or 1/32 myself.

Cheers,

Brady

Hi Hubert,

I think I have the 1/48 scale decals tucked away in my collection of decals. I will look and see if I'm correct. Do you just want a high resolution scan of the decal sheet if I have these? I always have wanted to do the captured Zeros on the sheets either in 1/48 or 1/32 myself.

Cheers,

Brady

Hi, Brady.

Yes, a high resolution scan of this inscription would be great. 

Captured planes, especially German and Japanese, are one of my favorite subjects. 

Thanks and best regards

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubert,

I found my decals yesterday afternoon. I will scan them for you. I will tell you though they made the inscription as two decals for if the modeler wanted to do the inscription in red or yellow they're both provided and the black outline is a separate decal by itself. So will this still work for you?

Cheers,

Brady