Tamiya F-4J Phantom VMFA-451 "Warlords" WIP

Guest DannyVM

• 4 weeks later...

At the moment this build stalled due to very bad fit issues regarding the GT-resin seamless intakes. I don't know what's wrong with these, but i can't get a proper fit onto the fuselage. All thing's together, cast quality,  fit issues and the price makes that this was a very bad decision to use these :notworking:

Back to basic's, i will need a new spare fuselage, iff i can get one and go with the kit part's, keeping the bad intakes in mind, i will get a solution for that. 

For now, i have also the GT-resin burner can's which are also not quit crisp. Poor cast with lot's of flaws so these will be in observation mode, when i need them, i will see. I still have the Eduard update set for the exhaust's so no harm will be done here.

Sorry guy's, but no GT-resin stuff for me anymore

Greetz

Danny

Danny, when in need of parts for Tamiya kits I use these guys here in the UK, costs are reasonable, you just email them the form and they get back to you with a quote for the price of the part. They haven't failed to get me a part I needed yet, they've also had to special order parts for one of the Tamiya 1/32 Zeros for me in the past.

https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/unlisted.php?osCsid=023tr4qmev253c1dd0cijsekr3

Edited by ade rowlands

First step's are made, starting with the Mk.82 bomb's. Cleaning and glueing.

pjlfD59h.jpg

Question here, is it necessary to place all bomb's on the TER's and MER's or can it be done with the number provided in the kit??

Also TER's and MER's are assembled.

mwaNORCh.jpg

TER's are modified with some scratch extra's.

PFNUk4Lh.jpg

W4J9zPuh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Danny great to see you back at the table. Brassin has MER/TER 32nd resin parts if you want to consider those. Will be following your build my friend!

Karim

Danny great to see you back at the table. Brassin has MER/TER 32nd resin parts if you want to consider those. Will be following your build my friend!

Karim 

Thank's my friend for the info regarding the Brassin part's :speak_cool:

At the moment i'm still busy to do some other stuff. Restoring a APH flight helmet is among one of those. So modeling isn't at the moment the number one priority. But, once i'm done with some other projects i will return.

Greetz

Danny

• 2 weeks later...

Danny, nice work on the TERs and sorry to read about your intake woes.

Regarding the TERs, you may want to drill a hole in the back, very simple thing to do and improved the overall realistic look.

Cheers,

Marcel

Great choice for your Phantom build Danny.

EXCELLENT start .

NEAT  :clap2: 

Thank's MARU  :speak_cool:

Danny, nice work on the TERs and sorry to read about your intake woes.

Regarding the TERs, you may want to drill a hole in the back, very simple thing to do and improved the overall realistic look.

Cheers,

Marcel

Marcel, thank's mate for you pm, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Regarding the TER's, i will do that, thank's for the info. :speak_cool:

Greetz

Danny