New Wingnut Fokker D.VII Variant coming in 2nd Quarter 2017!

seiran01

meh...

:)

It's the least exciting release WNW have made since the DFW C.V

I can understand those who missed the Fokker boat the first time being excited, as it means they don't need to pay $185 on Ebay for a Fokker D.VII.

The moral of the story - if you see a WNW kit you want, buy the bloody thing as soon as humanly possible. It'll hold it's value better than any other kit you care to mention &, if it sells out will actually make a profit. 

That's my excuse. With interest rates at rock-bottom, gilts yielding next to nothing & world-wide trade war around the corner, all my money is going into WNW plastic.

Nearly all of their kits took over two years to sell out - the exception being the Hansa-Brandenburg W.29. As a monoplane floatplane with very minimal rigging, it was snapped up quicker than you can say "stuff this bloody rigging, where's my Bf109 kit!?".

I can understand those who missed the Fokker boat the first time being excited, as it means they don't need to pay $185 on Ebay for a Fokker D.VII.

That assumes that all D.VIIs are the same. They are not. 

I was mildly disappointed that there was no 'Early' boxing in the first round because of the unique camo and markings they carried. But, did get 2 of the D.VII F kits since they were the apex hotrods of the line. And, I'll get a couple of these new 'Early' kits just to build one in the markings on the box art.

If and when their distribution ever gets sorted out, that is... 

:)

D