Tiger, Tiger in the night... So silly!

Hardcore

I'll watch your build with interest. Especially any modding of that turrer. It seems wrong in many ways.

You're complaining about the shape of the turret on a kit in a series that are ALL distorted from the real thing?

Eggs are about exaggerations, simplifications and that is fine. I buy that (literally), but what is the point of fiction?

It is off. In a lot of ways. This is probably why the caricature shape of the Meng Cartoon tanks is the only way I can stay away from the "fixing" and forge on with the "modding" and painting if you get what I mean.

Id probably be bothered a lot more by it on the DML or Takom 1/35th kit.

This way I can just mod it up a bit, add some scratched details and put a killer paint job on it, and my AMS/OCD wont kick in.  :lol: 

Just got it!

The drawing on the King Tiger box of the Porche turret is WAY more exaggerated (longer and more pointy) than the actual World-War Toons King Tiger is. I think you guys might find it not quite as off as we had thought from previous pics and especially the box art.

Pics when I have a chance 

Here I used an brown-green oil based panel wash for German wwii aircraft by Mig Ammo. 

While not made for tanks I thought an oil wash is an oil wash. Should work, right? However it seems it wasn't quite alright since it didn't eliminate the surface tension; As a consequence the pigments didn't willingly pool in the right places. Fortunately the long drying time alllowed me to handle the situation.

(Maybe Flory's washes would have worked better? There is an idea I can test on the Kingtiger.)

IMG_20170628_144029_zpsaqddipi1.jpg

Edited by Hardcore

Ok, so I got going again and sprayed on a filter based on tamiya Buff. Then the lower hull, bottom, wheels and tracks got more of the stuff to stimulate dust. The tracks got some gun metal to bring back the wear.

The inspiration is photos of 501st tanks during training.

IMG_20170705_210031_zpsrm0ve69j.jpg

Edited by Hardcore