Does anyone make 1/32 P-51 Hamilton Cuffless Prop Blades

Brad-M

Gents,

Of course the airplane that I wish to model doesn't have the right prop blades in the Tamiya kit, so does anyone make an after market set of the Hamilton Standard cuffless prop?

TIA

Brad

Brad,

I think Red Roo in Australia did, but their stuff can be difficult to find. I've seen them on eBay. They also did nice Aeroproducts blades with beautiful Aeroproducts logo decals if anyone wants to do a wartime Mustang.

The other alternative is to find the old 1/32 Monogram P-51D Mustang which if I remember correctly has the cuffless square-tipped Hamilton Standard props in it. Not sure how accurate they are, but you can usually get the kit for a few bucks.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Hi Jerry,

I would take a set of each if you were so inclined in doing some up. I don't relish the thought of using props from Trumpy or Dragon, as your resin products are far superior. My project stalls if I can't find these items..how's that for peer preasure :)

Cheers

Brad

I have the cuffless HS and the aeoroproducts prop blades molds still available.

J

I made this set of 3 different props and spinners for the Dragon kit. The spinner will not be correct for the Tamiya kit as the Tamiya kit has the correct spinner with the correct diameter at the spinner base and the correct openings for the prop blades,which for the cuffed Ham Stan prop should look a little like a figure 8. The spinner for the uncuffed version had a few different details but the same overall

003-30.jpg

The prop blades will all work with the Tamiya kit though. Here are the 3 main types of P-51 prop blades. The left is the cuffed Hamilton Standard and this was used on most P-51B/C/Ds(I emphasize MOST) during the war. The middle blade is the uncuffed Hamilton Standard and this would generally be found on post war birds. The right side prop is the aeroproducts version. These were the most used 3 prop blades. Some will bring up the blades that were the cuffed Hamilton Standard with the cuffs removed. These I have only seen on post war restorations of racers. There may be an anomoly out there but it is RARE!

I am sorry for the confusion when I posted that I had these molds. I sold the masters to Greymatter figures and then of course my feavered brain forgot about it. I hope this post clears things up and that my brain fart does not end my new relationship with aformentioned company

Edited by LSP_Kevin