• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 dmthamade

dmthamade

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:38 AM

Ahh yes. The race track smells too!  Every time a Harley goes by me burning 104+ Octane booster it takes me back to my teenage years hanging out at the drag strip. 

Yup!! The smell of race fuel!! Every time the boss fires up his Mustang, the smell of VP is sweet!!

Don

#17 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

Also, I used to do Aeromodelling as a teen, the old school way, balsa wood skeleton covered in tissue, coat it in dope and when dried it was all drum skin tight, good smell too of course. Always fancied doing another ... just for the construction fun of it.

Another one, was an ex of mine, she wore some kinda perfume that smelled like weed/cannabis you some times detect at rock concerts, not condoning the stuff, never done any drugs apart from prescription stuff (beer is my only vice) don't even smoke tobacco, but the smell of the weed or whatever it was does smell good, as did my Ex's perfume based on the same smell.

Another good smell I like is the waft that comes from a Whisky distillery, lots of them around here and there really was nothing nicer than a ride on my Motorcycle in the country roads on a summer day, riding past a distillery and smelling it, don't like the end product though, and as a Scotsman I guess I should !

The smell of good Coffee, goes without saying that is one of the nicest smells too :)

#18 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Gunk carb dunk, what a smell, stayed with you for days. Reminds me of many late nights rebuilding carbs back in my younger days. Stuff was great at taking the carbon off pistons and valves, too. Probably a great carcinogen too.....Tamiya spray paints, remind me of lacquer thinner that i used as a degreaser, working on cars, bench racing with buds...fun times.

Don

I had an old can of the good stuff that would really clean a carb in under an hour.  It's no longer made because it was so deadly!  One day walking through my garage I started getting a whiff of the odor. Yea, I was getting the Holly carb rebuild flashbacks. About 3 days later it dawned on me that I should inspect this gallon can. Sure enough, the stuff had eaten through the can.  Time to get rid of it. 

• The Southern Bandit likes this

#19 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hummmmmmmbrol
Finally spraying again

#20 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

Forgot about the smell of "Gunk" in my Motorcycle days, had to be careful with it though because it reacted with rubber and was not kind on chains for that kind a drive Bike ... it was a smell good too though.

Never knew that you could lose your sense of smell that some have described here, would hate that ... just something I grew to accept everyone had I suppose?

Edited by The Southern Bandit, 26 September 2017 - 01:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users