ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Peter,

I came within an inch of starting this kit after I finished the ZM DO335...I plan to follow Justin's lead in his awesome build...but I started a WNW Snipe instead. However, the ZM kit has a lot going for it: metal weight and landing gear, and all grey (vs. multi-colored or clear) parts. Valiant Wings has a dedicated issue for the HE219 airframe in addition to the ZM build, and it contains some useful info as well. Way to go with your build!

Cheers, Tom

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Bill,

I've read though the instructions twice now and Daniel's book at least twice and it's still a bit confusing. I'm going slow and measuring not once, not twice but three times plus starting on a simpler assembly; the fuel cells to get the feel of the kit.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Michael

The Sufa is right here next to the bench. I've gotten into a habit of sometimes starting one kit and then as the juices fade, start another project and when done, return to the first project to finish it. Long builds need to be juggled as they trend to be mojo breakers at times for me.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Justin for the good advice as I've made lots of notes based on our PM's. Ive decided to start with the fuel cell assembly as with Daniel's build just to get the feel of the kit and instructions.

seems the Uhui has a personality all of her own and it's my job to understand it.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks William

It sure seems that way and looking at the project as a whole will easily surpass the Mossie in time and difficulty

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Kent

Seems to be a bit daunting right now as the box is jammed packed and I'm on shaky ground with ZM kits until I get my sealegs

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Dennis .. part of the plan .. I'm getting hooked on twin engine aircraft and after the Uhi will be looking at building a P-61B, B-25J and  F7F Tigercat and another Mossie. Should keep me busy for a number of years.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi THor

Great to hear from you and really glad you'll be along for the ride. So far the kit looks fantastic and ands I'm eager to get rolling.

How is the Luscombe coming along? I'm hoping to see progress photos and maybe not to far in the future, air under her wheel and wings.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Tom

I'll be picking up the Valiant Wings book as another reference. Your DM DO335 was an awesome build for sure. Justin has been my go to guy and is keeping me on the straight and narrwor for sure. Just in our conversations he has kept me out of a lot of trouble.

Peter

Peter,

I have used Justin's build as a valuable reference, and I'm confident I will be using yours as well. I just love ZM kits: they are very immersive in that the engineering and instructions take you through the entire airframe. While Tamiya instructions will randomly describe the function of a given part, ZM describes almost everything you build. I have the Concept Note and can recommend it as well. Looking forward to watching your creation take shape!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Guest Peterpools

Hi Tom

I finally underway and getting my feet wet with both the kit and the instructions with the fuel cell assemblies. I've been working with Justin sorting out a lot of the details and Carl has the notes and a few other books on the way. Just nothing like LSP.

Peter