Decal Options for 1/32 P-51B

Jeff Herne

Hey guys,

I'm starting this Revell P-51B (no, I'm not going to graft a Hasegawa nose and replace the wings) and the decals in the kit are shot.

I have the CAM set 32-158 for Leakin' Liz and WD*C from the 4th FG, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other decals for US B-model Mustangs.

In particular, I'm looking for anything colorful - both of these birds are rather dull.

Otherwise, I'll probably scrounge something up from the spares box.

TIA,

Jeff

I'm starting this Revell P-51B (no, I'm not going to graft a Hasegawa nose and replace the wings) and the decals in the kit are shot.

I have the CAM set 32-158 for Leakin' Liz and WD*C from the 4th FG, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other decals for US B-model Mustangs.

In particular, I'm looking for anything colorful - both of these birds are rather dull.

--snip--

Jeff,

A list of the aftermarket 1/32 USAAF P-51B/C decals I know of is appended below. Some are these are out of print, but most aren't terribly difficult to find.

Charles Metz

-----------------------------------------------

'P-51 Black and Clear Checker Tails'; manufactured by Micro Scale / Super Scale International [uSA] — product no. 32-016; MARKINGS: P-51 black/clear checker tail markings for 325th FG, 8th AF, ETO, and 1st Air Commando Group, 10th AF, CBI

'P-51 Checker Tails'; manufactured by Micro Scale / Super Scale International [uSA] — product no. 32-026; MARKINGS: C.L. Sluder’s P-51B “Shimmy III” (52) of 325th FG; C.H. Beverly’s P-51D “00” of 325th FG; R.S. Bass’s P-51D “Burr-bon” (18) of 325th FG; M.F. Gille’s P-51D “Mary Nell” (22) of 325th FG; F. Vidal’s P-51D “Dusty Butt” (100) of 325th FG; P-51D “Sigh!” (66) of 1st Air Commando Group, 10th AF, CBI

'P-51 Mustang Data'; manufactured by Micro Scale / Super Scale International [uSA] — product no. 32-135; MARKINGS: P-51B/C and P-51D stencil and stripe markings

'P-51B Mustang “Ill Wind ?” 4th FG, 334th FS, 1st Lt. Nicholas “Cowboy” Megura'; manufactured by Micro Scale / Super Scale International [uSA] — product no. 32-138; MARKINGS: Nicholas “Cowboy” Megura’s P-51B “Ill Wind ?” of 4th FG, 334th FS

'Chuck Yeager P-51D Mustang, Bud Anderson P-51B & D Mustang'; manufactured by Mustang International [uSA] — product no. D1013253; MARKINGS: Clarence Anderson’s P-51B “Old Crow” (B6•S) of 363rd FS, 357th FG; Clarence Anderson’s P-51D “Old Crow” (B6•S) of 363rd FS, 357th FG; Chuck Yeager’s P-51D “Glamorous Glen III” (B6•Y) of 363rd FS, 357th FG

'North American P-51B Mustang'; manufactured by Revell/Japan [Japan] — product no. D-2; MARKINGS: P-51B "KI*Q of 55th FS, 20th FG, 8th AF, 1945

"Red Tail" P-51C Mustangs PT.1 332nd FG 1/32'; manufactured by Warbird Decals [uSA] — product no. 32-001; MARKINGS: Ed Toppins' P-51C "Topper III" (Black A0*0) of 100th FS, 332nd FG; Clarence Lester's P-51C "Miss-Pelt" (Black 7) of 100th FS, 332nd FG; Lee Archer's P-51C "INA The Macon Belle" (Black 72) of 302nd FS, 332nd FG

In one of RoG's kits of the MK III, there are also decal's for Kidd Hofer's "Salem Representative". I forget the kit number. I sold the kit to Hacker.

Hacker, do you have the kit #?

Pete

Not Hacker, but: RoG P-51B / Mk.III kit number 4740.

Also, missed this one CAM sheet earlier:

http://www.spruebrothers.zoovy.com/product/CAM32158

Sprue Bros also has the other CAM sheet listed in my last post:

http://www.spruebrothers.zoovy.com/product/CAM32154

HTH,

D

In one of RoG's kits of the MK III, there are also decal's for Kidd Hofer's "Salem Representative". I forget the kit number. I sold the kit to Hacker.

Hacker, do you have the kit #?

Pete

Infact l do. :) l was not going to use them so if he wants them he is welcome to them. But let me check if l actually do have them and l will let you know if he lets me know that he wants them.

Hacker :) B)

Ok here is what l have right at the moment. Yes l do have Kidd Hofer's "Salem Representative and l have Major Duane Beeson of the 334th fighter squardon both l posted here in that order. Like l said he is welcome to them

Hacker :) :)

post-542-1166890816.jpg

VERY COOL, Thanks!!!

Ok, anyone have any they wanna swap??

Here's what I have to trade (this should probably be moved, but I have everyone's attention!)

Eagle Strike - Blue Nosed Birds of Bodney #32045, all P-51D - PE*X Straw Boss, PE*P Cripes a Mighty, HO*M Petie III

Eagle Strike - Pacific Mustangs Pt. 1 #32003 - P-51D - Lady Marion and Jumpin' Jacques

CAM - Thoroughbred Mustangs #32158 - P-51B - YF*E Leakin' Lizz and WD*C

CAM - Hornet's Nest - F/A-18C #32-152 - VFA-15 Valions

Eagle Cal - EC#1 - 1/48 scale - Fw-190A/D of JG54 and 26

I'd be really interested in any of these markings that Charles was so kind enough to list:

'P-51 Black and Clear Checker Tails'; manufactured by Micro Scale / Super Scale International [uSA] — product no. 32-016; MARKINGS: P-51 black/clear checker tail markings for 325th FG, 8th AF, ETO, and 1st Air Commando Group, 10th AF, CBI

'P-51 Checker Tails'; manufactured by Micro Scale / Super Scale International [uSA] — product no. 32-026; MARKINGS: C.L. Sluder’s P-51B “Shimmy III” (52) of 325th FG; C.H. Beverly’s P-51D “00” of 325th FG; R.S. Bass’s P-51D “Burr-bon” (18) of 325th FG; M.F. Gille’s P-51D “Mary Nell” (22) of 325th FG; F. Vidal’s P-51D “Dusty Butt” (100) of 325th FG; P-51D “Sigh!” (66) of 1st Air Commando Group, 10th AF, CBI

"Red Tail" P-51C Mustangs PT.1 332nd FG 1/32'; manufactured by Warbird Decals [uSA] — product no. 32-001; MARKINGS: Ed Toppins' P-51C "Topper III" (Black A0*0) of 100th FS, 332nd FG; Clarence Lester's P-51C "Miss-Pelt" (Black 7) of 100th FS, 332nd FG; Lee Archer's P-51C "INA The Macon Belle" (Black 72) of 302nd FS, 332nd FG

Many thanks!!

Jeff

If by any chance you are interested in the ones l have l would trade you both decals l have for Eagle Strike - Blue Nosed Birds of Bodney #32045, all P-51D - PE*X Straw Boss, PE*P Cripes a Mighty, HO*M Petie III. But if you are not thats ok too. Thanks for the even trade offer anyways

hacker Merry christmas