Scale modelling photography can be dangerous

Guest The Southern Bandit

I came close to taking a dive off a ladder today, while working on the garden. My very first thought was about what had happened to you.

Crikey!  Goes to show how easy things like this can happen ... I'm so careful at home now after the accident, just  cant afford another fall while I heal.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for all the good wishes, means a lot it really does.

Kerist!!!!

You were lucky - well, unlucky to get injured, but lucky it wasn't eve worse.

Aberdeen is not very far South to be bandating though? I imagined you were in Brighton or Southampton.

Look on the bright side - don't forget to keep the staples, useful for grab handles. AND you've had the beginnings of a free haircut, albeit a little short.

OH MY Ggggggggggggoodddddddddddnessssss.......I am glad you are on the road to recovery..........

I think we ought to strike a LSP medal for services above and beyond the modelling community........

Sir we raise our glasses and shout hurrraahhhhh.

Seriously get well soon.......

Kerist!!!!

You were lucky - well, unlucky to get injured, but lucky it wasn't eve worse.

Aberdeen is not very far South to be bandating though? I imagined you were in Brighton or Southampton.

Look on the bright side - don't forget to keep the staples, useful for grab handles. AND you've had the beginnings of a free haircut, albeit a little short.

LOL, yeah ... when I chose this name to join the site it was the first thing that came into my head, nothing to do with my location at all ... though I did once own a Suzuki 1200 Bandit Motorcycle, so semi relevant name I suppose? LOL

I like the grab handle use for the staples :)

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes, community nurse coming round tomorrow to take the staples out and some OT folk as well to assess how I'm coping and if they can help while I heal.

Ouch! Godspeed on the recovery!

This is why I now avoid ladders. And I made a living climbing them. With my spinal stenosis I sometimes lose strength in my feet unexpectedly. People look at me funny when I take an elevator down one flight instead of the stairs. If I have a free hand for the rail I usually do if I'm not having pain symptoms at the time. This comes and goes at will.