I'm in with one P-51, possibly more

Months ago I'd started work on the Doyusha P-51 and after further review of the kit decided to scrap it for the Hasegawa "stang provided by Dog & Butterfly. Shortly after that 1/1 scale life projects got in the way and it was pushed aside. This is the perfect time to pull that out and get it moving again. In our last episode our hero was dangling from a cliff with one hand on the roof edge and the other was holding 4 1/32 P-51 kits in various stages of completion so stay tuned.

I've been trying to get some images out here but the memory card on the camera is maxed out. I'm going to clear some room on it today and should have something to post this week. Oh, about the "hero dangling from a cliff" bit...pure bullhockey. I grimace now when I read it. I was just trying to be humorous and psyche myself up to get over builders block and make some real progress. I hope you guys can look past all that.

Bahahahaha! I kinda got a kick outta the visual I got of you with that 'deer caught in the headlights' furtive look whilst grabbing for air (and the last root on the edge of the cliff) before doing a 'Wile E. Coyote free-fall' as the Road Runner flips out it's tongue. But, I'm a sicko and not well at all. :shrug:

...and it's easy to see which choice I made. This is going to be another "flying model" with motorized prop. The landing gear covers matched up well which I've learned isn't always the case. The underside of the wings had rocket rails so I ground them off and sanded it smooth.

post-345-1266154670.jpg