My Shot at the Build - Raiden

LSP_Ray

I have a few references, including the Mushroom pub on the Raiden, but there are always holes in the info, especially with the cockpit on this one. To help fill in the blanks, I am using some screen shots of the Raiden's cockpit from the Pacific Fighters flight sim:

SimLeft.jpg

SimForwardDownLeftStick.jpg

SimRight.jpg

I love this sim!!!

Ray, I've got a full walkaround of everything but the cockpit on the Planes of Fame J2M, 51 shots in all... I've been meaning to add them to DetailSITE anyways, so I'll bang that out this weekend so you'll have some decent references.

Anyone willing to build this kit instead of sell it to some "collector" deserves all the assistance they can get! :lol:

Lynn (proud owner of two "Tonys", one partially built)

been planning to build my Jack but l been holding off until l am satisfied that l have enough info to build it properly, scratchbuild what l need and fix what needs to be fix.( so Lynn your info will come in handy for me too) There is also a kit reveiw on here go check it out

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/Ki...den/Raiden.html

hacker :lol: ;)

Guest LSP_Jay L

Looks like another project to pay some close attention to Ray! I have one of these that I am waiting to get into so I will use your build as reference!

I do have some reference if you are after anything, as I think I have the FAOTW among others.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Looks like another project to pay some close attention to Ray! I have one of these that I am waiting to get into so I will use your build as reference!

I do have some reference if you are after anything, as I think I have the FAOTW among others.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Jay will you some of that my way?? and not to sound stupid but what does FAOTW means??

Hacker :lol: ;)

Jay will you some of that my way?? and not to sound stupid but what does FAOTW means??

Hacker B) B)

Famous Aircraft Of The World.

I have as reference the following:

Mushroom Models Raiden book

Maru Mechanic #7 and #43(reprint of #7) If anyone is interested in having the #7 book, let me know.

Osprey Aces of the Rising Sun

Some pics from the Internet

Pacific Fighters ;)

So I got some good ref's, Pacific Fighters helps fill in some of the blanks. Alot of the cockpit shots in the books are of stripped or restored cockpits and are not complete. So by comparing the sim shots to the actual pics really does give a pretty overall picture of the cockpit, at least good enough someone is going to have a hard time disputing what I put in there!

Lynn: I would be greatful if you would post the pics. You can't have enough. There is always pieces missing to the puzzle!!!

I have been waiting to see someone build this kit. Looking forward to watching your progress. Somday I'll get my hands on one. I have the Famous Airplanes no 61 and a nice book on this plane from japan that I have been waiting to use. Anyway I can help with info give a yell.

Ok guys, I've updated DetailSITE with the J2M page:

J2M on DetailSITE

And since I was at it, I updated a whole crap-ton of other stuff as well... I've now got three separate B-26 walkarounds, a full walkaround of the B-29 "Fifi", a B-24J walkaround, as well as others for the B-17G, F-94A, O-47 (!), and EB-57B. There's a bunch more good stuff comin', too. :)

DetailSITE, celebrating it's eighth year!

Enjoy!

Lynn