Revell Zero Rebuild

LSP_Kevin

Oh, wow! :lol:

I had to go aaaalllll the way back to remind myself just where this project started, and it's almost beyond belief that this is the same model. (I also had to remind myself about some of the resin in that detail set!) That tail wheel detail looks fantastic and now that I see the cowl flaps painted and installed they look much more realistic than I first thought. You really should feel proud of everything you've achieved over the course of this very long project. You've got a lot more fortitude than I do, my friend!

:)

Oh, wow! :lol:

I had to go aaaalllll the way back to remind myself just where this project started, and it's almost beyond belief that this is the same model. (I also had to remind myself about some of the resin in that detail set!) That tail wheel detail looks fantastic and now that I see the cowl flaps painted and installed they look much more realistic than I first thought. You really should feel proud of everything you've achieved over the course of this very long project. You've got a lot more fortitude than I do, my friend!

:)

Well you pretty much said it all!!!

Nice work Kevin

Ron

Thanks fellas! I really appreciate the nice comments.

How 'bout shooting a photo from the same angle you did at the beginning of this post, of the pre-restoration model, and one now.....I would like to see how they compare!

How about it????

THOR :party0023:

That's the plan Thor! I'll wait until it's completely finished though.

Kev

FINISHED!

:beer:

Since we last spoke, I've added all the undercarriage doors, installed the seat, fitted the wing cannon, unmasked and Futured the wing-tip lights, and added a hatch cover and chain. I promised Thor some before and after shots, so I'll focus on those here, and put the rest in a new thread in Ready for Inspection. So, without further ado...

Before:
post-3071-1257071374.jpg

After:
post-3071-1257071386.jpg

Before:
post-3071-1257071633.jpg

After:
post-3071-1257071650.jpg

And here's one that shows what we started with:
post-3071-1257071894.jpg

It's been tremendous fun folks and I couldn't have done it without you (in some cases, literally). I have to say I think this is my most satisfying model so far. Thanks to everyone for following along, and all the help, advice and encouragement you've given me. Please join me for the next one!

Kev