Brass casting LSP gear

Out2gtcha

I contacted Paul, and got replacements.  He did reinforce, but.... It was only the main leg part.  The smaller link pieces, as illustrated in my photographs, is still unreinforced resin, so the problem persists.

I'll have to do some surgery, and I plan on assembling the replacement parts at non-authentic angles to absorb the model's weight without collapsing again.

I am in the process of having the Skyray gear and retraction links cast in brass, it will take a few weeks but I am hopeful we will have some metal gear for those who want it.Panther/Cougar legs too, although as previous;y mentioned I've yet to see any trouble from those supplied in the kit.

Paul

I am in the process of having the Skyray gear and retraction links cast in brass, it will take a few weeks but I am hopeful we will have some metal gear for those who want it.Panther/Cougar legs too, although as previous;y mentioned I've yet to see any trouble from those supplied in the kit.

Paul

Some of the best customer service in the industry Paul. 

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Fantastic news as I has all three kits. Please let us know how to order the replacement gear

Much appreciated

Peter

Paul

I am a (paying, of course) taker for the Skyray, Panther and Cougar gears, Paul ! Fantastic news :yahoo:

Hubert

Psssst! I know a guy, that knows a guy that has a truck load of cheap imported illigal brass buried in his back yard just waiting to be smelted into some awesome 1:32nd scale goodness! Dude!!!!!!! Shhhhhhhhh. Keep it on the low down, please!!!!!!

Go Brian go! Just a little humor to rock this episode into fruition for all of us!

Then again a Tigercat? Who would've thought, eh? Yawn! Why not do a Bf-109G or K? Just asking. There is nothing else worthy my friends! Ha ha.

All good humor! All the best Brian. Carry on!

Troy

Thanks Troy!  Im just the initiator of this stuff..................there are in fact other things at work in the background on at least two fronts. Neither of which unfortunately Im directly involved in, but Im hoping to get regular updates.
Im not really at liberty to discuss ATM, but there are things in the works for brass LSP gear (OV-10 and F7F for starters) but its not off the ground yet remotely, so we are in a holding pattern right now. Im hoping with in a few months I have some concrete updates on one or the other side of this issue. :D 

Well add the Trumpeter F-105 gear to the list.  I thought I had a set for at least one of my two kits in my stash.  Went to look Saturday and none to be found.  :doh:    And of course all sources are sold out.  Seems that all of Ernie's products are selling out and not being restocked due to availability.

Well add the Trumpeter F-105 gear to the list. I thought I had a set for at least one of my two kits in my stash. Went to look Saturday and none to be found. :doh: And of course all sources are sold out. Seems that all of Ernie's products are selling out and not being restocked due to availability.

For sure. From what I can gather Ernie doesn't have too much on his plate, he has too many PLATES.

Guest Clunkmeister

Things might be looking up for keeping our models from sinking down over time. Great news, no doubt.  Brian, you KNOW I'm paying close attention to this, man. I'm crazy happy with the news.