Tamiya 1/16 R/C Tiger and stalled Kublewagen

WrongWay

Nice work mate - how did you do the chipping around the hatches ?

Have you got a cat to chase around with it ?:innocent:

Ads

Thanks. The chipping was just a very dark brown and then pencil lead highlights on the edges.

I don't even have this model anymore. Gave it to a friend when I last moved (no room for it). If I was still into big scale tanks AND had LOTS of extra money, I would definitely get the Tamiya Panther, but at over a grand it is way to expensive to even consider for me.

Mark

You gave it away! :o It sure is nice and your friend is very lucky. Did those headlights come with the Aber set? I really like wooden tool handles and the box!

I think the headlights were with the Aber set, though I really don't remember. The block is the real wood one that came with the aber set. The tool handles are the plastic ones painted.

I also had a Tiger II that I gave to my friend too. It had the full RC package installed and working.

Go for it Ron! I was originally going to build the Sherman but fell in love with the Tiger I. I think the Tiger I is the best looking WWII tank next to the Panther. I still prefer the Tiger I over the panther as there is just something about them that really does it for me. I would love to see your Sherman too. Feel free to post some photos of it. We can turn this into the 1/16 tank thread! :party0023:

Great Tigers guys.

Here are a few pics of my Sherman. It certainly doesn't measure up to the other builds in this thread. Mine is pretty much out of box and not detailed to the extent of the other great builds here.

cheers

ss004.jpg

ss002.jpg

ss001.jpg

ss003.jpg

I think the headlights were with the Aber set, though I really don't remember. The block is the real wood one that came with the aber set. The tool handles are the plastic ones painted.

I also had a Tiger II that I gave to my friend too. It had the full RC package installed and working.

Thanks for the info on the lights Mark. Excellent work on that wood grain look! I could have sworn the tools had real wooden handles. You have one very lucky friend!

Cheers,

Don

Beautiful Sherman Ron! :bow: It measures right up with the other tanks in this thread. Tamiya included some really nice accessories with the Sherman. Really love the mounted 50 cal and all the ammo and fuel cans. Well done indeed!

Cheers,

Don

Whooo, nice tanks fella's.

Heres my old Tamiya King Tiger I built way back.

She's fully functional and still merrily running around.

Its had a few accidents , but it repairs fairly easy, anyhow here's

a few pictures of her.

DSCF1659.jpg

DSCF1660.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg

and last one showing the running gear.

DSCF1662.jpg

Cheers,

Martyn.

Love the Tiger II Martyn! That must be massive in 1/16.

Ta Don, size wise I don't think she's much bigger body wise (length) than the Tiger 1, its mainly

that huge 88mm gun and the 'height' of the body that makes her look a lot bigger.

Cheers,

Martyn.

• 2 weeks later...

Not 1:16, but instead the old Tamiya 1:25 Tiger IE , built some years ago, and currently occupying a dusty back corner of my display case. I like everything but the paint. I also have a 1:16 Tiger II that I began converting (but never finished), into a Jagdtiger.

Pics1009-3.jpg