Latest sillyness

LSP_K2

Having been on a WWI aviation kick here lately, I decided to take a run at the 1:72 Revell AG Fokker Dr.I

It's actually quite a nice little kit, and cheap too! Markings (not yet finished), are completely spurious, but nonetheless follow the general "spirit" of WWI German aircraft markings. As much as anything, it's an opportunity to brush up (so to speak), on simulating the iconic Fokker streaking.

Pics1055A.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A small update; no pun intended. Wheels have been given base coat of brown, and tires painted; next comes the softer hub center area. That ought to be interesting!

Pics1062.jpg

Almost finished with decals. I don't know about anybody else, but I sure like it.

:)

Pics1063A.jpg

Very nice work Kevin. I thought these things were tiny even as kid, so I have no idea how you're managing to tackle them now!

Kev

Thanks Kev. I use a technique I refer to as,… “getting small”. :)

Another smallish update; struts had not yet been added over Spandaus, this has been addressed. Painted white in keeping with the general spirit of "artistic cohesion". Very little remains and I can put this one too in the display case.

Pics1069.jpg

Believing that a trivial update is better than no update (but I might be wrong), this evening I doctored up the base a tad. Also made my first attempt at the wheels; they still need to be fiddled with a bit.

Pics10701.jpg

Pics107012.jpg

Kev, are you going to do this in 1/32 as well? Fokkin streakies came out well.

Hi Mike! I do have the Roden 1:32 kit, but I'll be doing that in a "serious" scheme. This one is just for laughs and learning.

Regards,

Prop has been repainted, this time using enamels, (and a bit more care). I'm OK with this version. Pretty good learning experience I'll say that. A little dark (the photo that is), sorry about that.

Pics1009-1.jpg