HK B-17E

TimW

Tim,

Looking forward to following along! Do you attend the NovaIPMS meetings by any chance?

Chris

Haven't made an ipms. We do have a club that meets monthly at Piper Hobby.

TW

Oh boy! A Pacific bird...will be following closely....you gonna fix the area in front of the windscreen?

Clark Cone

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm almost afraid to ask what is wrong with it...

I recall some discussion way back when about fuselage shape issues, but unless they're really bad I'm inclined not to get too creative.

Tim W.

Haven't made an ipms. We do have a club that meets monthly at Piper Hobby.

TW

Next meeting is Wednesday at Fairfax High School.  Meeting starts at 8.  Come on by!  When is the meeting at Piper?

Edited by CANicoll

I'm almost afraid to ask what is wrong with it...

I recall some discussion way back when about fuselage shape issues, but unless they're really bad I'm inclined not to get too creative.

Tim W.

You know all said and done, I think maybe a bigger offender to the overall "stance" and look of the completed model, could actually be the height of the landing gear oleo extensions. If you have a look at one of Tom Probert's excellent builds, he has corrected this by taking out I believe something like 4mm, which gives the aircraft a much more weighted appearance (like it's not standing on tip toes). This is a much easier thing to tackle than the nose problem.

My advice; the kit can be built perfectly well without any modification, but if you want to do something, then do the gear :)

All the best,

Craig

Edited by brahman104

Ahhh....back from a long annoying day, and the PE was waiting.

Now for the big question--what interior color for the E?  The plans say dark green fabric covering or aluminum.

I would have figured interior green.

Any thoughts?  I know this varies quite a bit from aircraft to aircraft...

Cheers,

Tim W.

Tim,

This may help.  The National museum of the Air Force is doing the Memphis Belle restoration and they have videos and pictures of their work.  Might be worth a look?

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/FactSheets/Display/tabid/509/Article/195966/boeing-b-17f-memphis-belle.aspx

Looks like the cockpit and radio room is interior or chromate green, but the waist gunners section may be aluminum.  But take a look for yourself.  Don't think anyone can really tell you you are wrong no matter what you choose.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by CANicoll