1/32 Sea Vixen

Breaker

Nice. I love the Sea Vixen. I've wanted a 1/32nd version for years.

Never ever wanted one bad enough to invest the needed work a vac takes

Amazing to me how little reference there seems to be (that I'm aware of), on the Sea Vixen. I have the Warpaint book, and an Ian Allan volume, and that's it.

Hi guys, just to have an idea of what the vacform parts look like:

jlskS9p.jpg

And PMC (panther modelling club) also provided resin and white metal parts as AM products:

pk3mCK4.jpg

I managed to get hold of this kit before the company wasn't anymore, but the vac parts are pretty good, not too thick or too "fluffy", and the resin parts look good IMHO,........and ofcourse it is still in the stash, dohhh

Edited by Jack

I've done the Airfix 48th, that's going to take some beating as it's a lovely kit.

I was tempted by the Airfix 1/48 offering but it passed me by during a year of indecision in which it appeared and disappeared, never to be seen again (except at inflated prices on ebay). The Trumpeter might be the best available next year, though I understand there do exist some 1/72 stocking fillers.

This subject is a classic example of I-could-live-with-just-about-any-error-Trumpeter-can-reasonably-make-as-long-as-it's-in-1/32-scale.

Tony

The best book has been published by Barracuda. Dozens of pages of detailed walkaround pictures!

Amazon has a few books, but they all seem to cover the Vampire, Venom and Sea Vixen, rather that the Sea Vixen exclusively. I'd imagine the Barracuda book would be pretty interesting, though it does not seem to be in our database (yet).

Thanks,

Do not forget 1: the dehavilland sea vixen  by tony butler --air britain (a must have !!)

2: sea vixen dehavilland 's ultimate fighter aircraft by richard a.franks 

regards,

frankie

And both are already in our database, though I as yet do not own either of them.

The de Havilland Sea Vixen (Air-Britain)

Sea Vixen: De Havilland's Ultimate Fighter Aircraft (Dalyrymple & Verdun)