Summer Victory

HL-10

Robert Taylor is one of the best aviation artists I have ever seen.

I have all his books and a number of his paintings have inspired me to build models of the subject.

He himself builds as large a model of his subject to use as reference for his painting.

Summer victory lead to me building this little 48th diorama of a shot down BF-109 durring the Battle of Britain.

The 109 is Tamiya's and was already built before I decided to use it, I had to "shoot it down" for my project.

The pilot is from the Dragon set and is virtualy an exact match for the pose in the painting.

The stubble is a cut up decorator's brush inserted into holes made in the base.

post-8-1133189701.jpg

Agreed, thats awesome......really! nice diorama, by the way: dont know what the painting says but could this be the shotdown of the famous "von Werra"? Think I ´ve seen an original pic of his scrapped Me somewhere, looks nearly the same.

However, great job, really, Sir!

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

Guest LSP_Jay L

If you werent lazy you would have done the Spitfire... :lol: :lol:

seriously nice job Angelo. Something about a well done Diorama that sets models apart.

Cheers mate,

Jay

If you werent lazy you would have done the Spitfire... :lol: :lol:

seriously nice job Angelo. Something about a well done Diorama that sets models apart.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Agreed...Very nicely done Angelo.

Cheers

Derek

Hi there guys,

once again I am truly gratfeul for all the kind comments you have made, thank you all, they are greatly appreciated.

Jay, I though I was being lazy by not including the tree let alone the three Spitfires ;)

The painting is based on an incident described to the artist by Al Dere, a New Zealander flying in the RAF.

He was returning to base to refuel and rearm, at tree top level when he flew over a downed 109 and it's pilot.

There is no mention of Von Wera.

Thanks again,

Angelo