Possible kit suggestions?

scvrobeson

Hey there,

First, I would like to thank you guys for putting out such great kits. I just received my copy of the Flycatcher, and it is an amazing piece of resin, it should be a great kit to build. The build that was just posted to your website is really going to help me out with the build.

I was wondering if there were any thoughts to other potential kits? All of the kits so far have been of European subjects, has any consideration been given to American subjects?

I know I would love to see a 1/32 F-11C Hawk, or an FBC Hawk, or even an SBC Helldiver. Or an F3F, or FF-1, or.... the list goes on. The US planes were just as colorful as their Euro counterparts, and it would be great to see them kitted with high-tech production.

Thank you

Matt :party0023:

A Bulldog would be nice, to go next to my Flycatcher.

I just think the market for US interwar kits could be a big, untapped market. Yeah, Hasegawa did three kits in the 70s, but no one has really touched on the subjects since then. All we've had is the "F3F-3" from Monogram that wasn't much of anything, and then the barely pre-war Wildcat and Dauntless from Trumpeter.

IIRC, i got a response that indicated US planes were "Yellow wings" and this company is "Silver wings", which explained the dearth of US 1930s planes. A condition which I think is not likely to change anytime soon.

I'd be curious if any Japanese subjects may come out?

IIRC, i got a response that indicated US planes were "Yellow wings" and this company is "Silver wings", which explained the dearth of US 1930s planes. A condition which I think is not likely to change anytime soon.

That does explain some things.

I know now why all of the good airframe suggestions have gone by the wayside. There are definitely some cool planes of that era, and SW does have great resin.

No offense at ALL to current subjects (I have both the Gladdie and He-51) but I just wish some different looking models from other countries would come out. While great, and really stellar models all, they just look a bit a like for my tastes is all.

I've spoken with them several times, and have never heard this and I think it may have been a comment made in jest by someone (not Silver Wings) during a "guess the kit" thread? While I can't speak for Silver Wings, I do believe that there may be some US Interwar aircraft on their radar.

Doug

Edited by DougN

Thanks Doug! I would love to see some inter-war aircraft from them!

As I said, I can't speak for them so no telling what they will actually release. Of course, you do realize that they already have released 10 Inter-war kits in 1/32 (including the one you're working on now)?? ;)

Doug

As I said, I can't speak for them so no telling what they will actually release. Of course, you do realize that they already have released 10 Inter-war kits in 1/32 (including the one you're working on now)?? ;)

Doug

I'm well aware that they've done 10 of them so far, but I am a big fan of the US interwar planes, so would like to see those come out. The yellow wings schemes with the bright naval markings are sure cool looking

....which combined with what is already on the market in plastic, would mean that just a few kits would easily round out the major US types. There is, of course, a market for resin upgrades to the same plastic kits.....

as regards my earlier comment, IIRC, it was from SW.

I'm trying to think of which major US inter-war subjects need to be done yet - we have the 4 from Hasegawa that are still quite good (and can usually be found for around $10 to $15):

F4B-4

P-12E

BF2C

P-26

And the mediocre F3F kit from Revell/Monogram, which can look ok if you get two kits so that you can use one to fix the wings of the other, and add an extension in the fuselage - also still available for cheap.

That leaves the P-6 and maybe a Helldiver to be done, and what else? Maybe some types that came out before WW2, and served early in the war?

Doug

P.S. - Brian, everyone knows trainers don't sell ;)

Edited by DougN