Where’s the excitement over the HK 2-stage Mossie?

Dave Williams

It's out now and available at places like DB and Scale Hobbyist. Seems like more excitement over yet another P-51D, of which 3-4 kits already exist, than over a 2-stage Mosquito, which has only existed as a conversion for the ancient Revell kit.

Anyone building one yet? Got mine a week ago and one big omission is the lack of the intercooler. Seriously, that big lower intake behind the prop is just an open hole to the engine, the only change to which is a new blower at the rear and new engine bearers. No intercooler radiator or piping at be seen.

These versions of the Mosquito are really not my thing at all, so I was comfortably oblivious to the release. For whatever it's worth (assuming you're referring to the Mk IX/XVI), Sprue Brothers now has it as well. 

Guest The Southern Bandit

Ditto as above 2 posts, already have the Tamiya Mosquito and even that for some reason I cant get intensely excited about and really cant figure out why, do love the Mosquito as a subject, but for some reason I cant fathom ... it does not light me up enough to buy more than one in 1/32 ???

Now, Spitfires, Mustangs, 190's and 109's I can happily buy multiples of.

Shame really because I'd like to support HK more, but the price is more than the Tamiya kit ... sad and I really have to pass.

Edited by The Southern Bandit

Exactly the reason I don't see a future for 1/32 kits of huge airplanes.

No, It think for the most part they will do OK,  I had no issues finishing the HK B-25 and really enjoyed it.  Not complaining at all but the Tamiya kit is A LOT of work and just burnt out.  I think Wolf has the same problem with his effort with the kit. It's a project... big time.

I am looking forward to the HK Lanc immensely..... 

No, It think for the most part they will do OK, I had no issues finishing the HK B-25 and really enjoyed it. Not complaining at all but the Tamiya kit is A LOT of work and just burnt out. I think Wolf has the same problem with his effort with the kit. It's a project... big time.

I am looking forward to the HK Lanc immensely.....

It definitely was a challenge to finish mine. Part of the stoppage was due to having just finished the HK B IV which I was building at the same time. I left it for about a year before I got back to it and that was really thanks to Harv's gentle prodding.

IMG_20161014_222726-L.jpg

That being said, I do have a second one and I've even picked the recently released Eduard Brassin sets for it with plans to do it opened up.

Carl