British Phantom FG1 1/32 build

spindrift007

Latest progress...needless to say I will not get it finished by next Sunday as planned!

As you can see from photos, I have now painted over the preshading. glossed the whole thing up and added the decals. I read somewhere that the WH decals are very thin and break up easily. Well that was an understatement!

The black and white spine was a nightmare, in hindsight I should have masked and painted it.

The engines are now complete also . but have only been located, not fixed in place. Seats are just about done and will post images of these next.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting close to finishing the now, been about 10 month project so far. Photos attached are mainly the under tail section showing my attempt at using Alclad II products. Still need to do the edge of the stabs.

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Any feedback would be great, thanks for looking.

Edited by spindrift007

• 3 weeks later...

FINISHED !!

Finally finished the FG1. She has been a major project, taken near to a year to complete. She will be going in our clubs annual comp in Nov.

Will be making an FGR2 in the future, I hope that what I have learned with this build will help with the next.

Thanks for everyone's comments over the months. Thanks for looking.

PA300027.jpg

PA300025-1.jpg

PA300023-1.jpg

PA300022.jpg

PA300021-1.jpg

PA300020-1.jpg

PA300018-1.jpg

PA300017-1.jpg

PA300016-1.jpg

PA300026.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wow, looks great. I linked here from that poll posted in the LSP discussion and was glad I did; nice work.

I noted only the intakes and part of the aft fuselage where the nozzle attach were widened, but was curious why the full length of the upper fuselage top (left & right of the spine) and the lower fuselage ware not widened as well? I'm no Brit F-4 expert, but from what I've read the entire left and right fuselage was widened to make for the Spey engines; so is that correct?

I remember this FGR.2 British Phantom conversion by Frank Mitchel

I’ve built the Hasegawa Brit Phantom and the fuselage sides were notable wider, as we there intakes. I've been contemplating building one in 32nd myself, so wanted to confirm the fuselage width.

Mike V