Ki-61 Tony; 68 Sentai, Weathering!

LSP_K2

The beauty of a contest of this sort, is that all the AM stuff people like to throw at these is irrelevant. This makes for an inexpensive effort, as I only need to hunt down decals or masks, and the build should go fairly quick.

Love the lines of the Hien!

I'm pretty sure I've seen decals for this one and I know that Montex makes a mask set that can be used to get what you're after. Their colors are a little different, but the tail insignia is there and included as a mask.

Looking forward to this one!

John

Looks like a great start....

Also im very interesting camo pattern on the alu together with chipping, also noted the different pattern on the sides...

also i do beleive Montex masks is a go, specially in the mark on the tailsection...the red is outlined with white and very fine too.

So keep em coming, im very curious.

/Mal

A great kit and a super choice in paint job - I did that one some years ago. That one is presumably Shogo Takeuchi's plane. The bad thing - I found - about this scheme is that the red borders on the white stripes are pretty shabby. Very hard to do without it looking like a poor job from the modelers side (I failed).

I'll be watching for sure

A few pics of the real deal

KawasakiKi-61HienTony68thSentai-3.jpg

tony-cape-glochester.jpg

KawasakiKi-61HienTony68thSentai-1.jpg

Edited by Thomas Lund

Nice choice K2. I'm hoping to snare one of these kits myself some day. I still have the Revell one to attend to at some point as well! Looking forward to your progress.

Kev

Aires makes a very nice pit specifically for the Revell kit, should you choose to go that route.