T-28 Trojan aftermarket from Aires/Quickboost

ziggyfoos

Not sure if this was already mentioned. I just saw on SB that Aires released a speed brake set and Quickboost exhaust set and also new prop (labeled as propeller "A"). Wonder if more sets coming?

Still waiting for OV-10 and A-6 upgrades. ........

Is this the same as the "A" prop? (the one on the top, the kit is on the bottom)  I did it a few months ago, but theirs looks a bit thinner than mine. 

IMG_2760_zpsgviks0va.jpg

Mine on the left,

IMG_2758_zpscsfrwkbg.jpg

Edited by Harold

Not sure, I assume it's the supposed to be the same prop?

I don't know what they're referring to with the "A" label since it's obviously not meaning the T-28A.

I know the T-28C prop was different, how many versions of props were used on the T-28B/D variants?

Not sure, I assume it's the supposed to be the same prop?

I don't know what they're referring to with the "A" label since it's obviously not meaning the T-28A.

I know the T-28C prop was different, how many versions of props were used on the T-28B/D variants?

Exactly my question...

The Aires/Quickboost "A" prop is a bit misleading. It's like a replacement prop for the civilian/warbird A models that use the 3 blade prop. To my knowledge, you don't see those blades on a B or C model T-28. Those are not the blades you made Harold. Your blades are the closet thing you'll find to a true B model 3

Blade prop. The kit comes with the A model 3 blade and the C model short wide 3 blade props. So far Harold has the only B model blades available.

Since we're talking aftermarket, what about the engine. Would one of the Aires B-17 engines work for a T-28? Thanks.

Chuck

Chuck I think the Eduard B-17 engine will work. I have the set of 4 for the B-17 and plan to use one on my T-28 build.

Thanks Shane. When Harold made the props, I immediately used a set on my D-5 and they look perfect, in my eye.

Yes Ernie, Harold's prop is correct for the B/D. I have one for my B build. Nice that quick boost released a prop but it's about as useful as the "A" prop that Kittyhawk put in their kit which is useless. I wonder if they will release a "B" or "C" prop.

The Aires/Quickboost "A" prop is a bit misleading. It's like a replacement prop for the civilian/warbird A models that use the 3 blade prop. To my knowledge, you don't see those blades on a B or C model T-28. Those are not the blades you made Harold. Your blades are the closet thing you'll find to a true B model 3

Blade prop. The kit comes with the A model 3 blade and the C model short wide 3 blade props. So far Harold has the only B model blades available.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't have a lot of references concerning the prop variants.