1:32 Hasegawa P47D "Slick Chick"

Rick K

Rick,

STUPENDOUS Work on the Engine... :wow: :bow:

EXEMPLARY Work all round..

:goodjob:

Kind words much appreciated Maru.  Been away from the bench for a few weeks and hope to get some time in this week.

Very nice work!

Great inspiration and help for me since I also will be building "Slick Chick" from the same kit.

/Erik

This is a great kit, just need some love on the engine mount.  Thanks for the kudos.

Hello,

Splendid work!!

Cheers

Boris

Thanks Boris.

• 1 month later...

More progress on the M10 tubes. Those "tuning fork" thingys are the wing mounts.  Hope to finish these tubes by end of week next week, kids at camp all week next week so the odds look good.  That means lots of bench time.  Might even give my FW190A8 some love.

M10_Build_RK09.jpg

M10_Build_RK10.jpg

M10_Build_RK11.jpg

Edited by Rick K

Great work so far bro! The tubes remind me of the ones I built for my build.... still need to get this sucker done! Here's the link:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=15323&hl=

Cheers

Alan

Credit to you Alan for inspiration on the scratch build M10's.  Albeit, not nearly as nice as yours.  Below is text from my earlier posts on this build.

Bazooka02_LeadWire.jpg

The painted bazooka (black then OD) shows good detail otherwise lost.

After taking a long look at these I just was not happy.  The lead wire certainly enhanced the M10 Bazookas.  However, a closer look these were just a solid piece of plastic in the shape of tubes.

After seeing the beautiful efforts by alaninaustria on his M10 Bazookas I am inspired to scratch build the M10 bazookas.  Starting styrene tube 4.8mm dia I cut 6 tubes to size and glued with Tamiya Thin Cement. 

M10_Bazooka01.jpg

M10_Bazooka02.jpg

With a Dremel shaping bit I carefully thinned the walls of each tube.

M10_Bazooka03.jpg

The set on the left had the walls thinned while the set on the right is on deck for some thin wall treatment.

Its been a very challenging 48 hours and I was happy to get in some "bench therapy".

More progress on the M10's.  A few more details and some bolt heads, rivets and I'll be done.  There are flaws too numerous to mention.  However, I am happy with the results so far.  Hopefully a coat of paint and weathering will do some magic.

M10_Build_RK12.jpg

M10_Build_RK13.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Rick

Fantastic work on the M10's ... they look mean and menacing for sure

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

That looks good !

Thanks Loic!

Very nice work. I was thinking of building Slick Chick but went for another (will post photos soon). Big improvement on the rocket tubes over the kit parts.

Thanks Bill, let me know when you post your Jug.

Great work bro! Those are going to look absolutely kick ass!

Cheers

Alan

thanks Alan, actually these M10's are giving me a ass kicking of sorts.

Rick

Fantastic work on the M10's ... they look mean and menacing for sure

Keep 'em coming

Peter

cheers Peter.  Appreciate the kudos...work continues.

Been off the bench and LSP for quite awhile.  Looks like I have a ton of catching up to do.  Some great builds in the WIP.

I had a chance to get in some bench time last night and the M10's are complete with addition of nuts and other surface detail at rear of tubes.  Will add ordnance in tubes, ignition wires after painting and then mount. 

Hope to do some primer later this week.

M10_Build_RK14.jpg

Nuts and washers punched with RP Toolz Hexagonal Punch Die

M10_Build_RK1701.jpg

Not sure if 100% accurate, think FICE.  Will yield interesting and nice detail though.

M10_Build_RK16.jpg