Monogram 1/32 Grumman F3F-3

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!

I was hoping to have more progress to show by now, but holidays, family, etc. have been taking up most of my time. I have been working on the landing gear, off and on. They will have to be completed before buttoning up the fuselage. I have decided that I will be gluing them solid, even though the kit provides the means to make them retractable. I just don't trust them to be strong enough. I hope to have some more to report in the next few days. I should be getting some time to myself over the weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again!

John

John, life always gets in the way of modelling buth that 's the way it is.

I have bought the SAC landing gear for this kit.

I only hope it is not too soft to enable the gear to work.

If you glue the landing gear solid, then don't forget to fill the slots in the fuselage sides, because the small gears are not needed anymore.

Cheers,

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hey John,

Just checking back in to see if you had anymore bench time on your Grumman? This aircraft wouldn't be a must have for me, but I'd seriously consider buying one now. Your work so far has certainly been inspirational for the rest of us.

Well hoping you didn't freeze to death in Minnesota. We'd all like to see more pictures!

Humor!

Regards

Troy

Hey John,

Just checking back in to see if you had anymore bench time on your Grumman? This aircraft wouldn't be a must have for me, but I'd seriously consider buying one now. Your work so far has certainly been inspirational for the rest of us.

Well hoping you didn't freeze to death in Minnesota. We'd all like to see more pictures!

Humor!

Regards

Troy

Troy,

Thanks for your continued interest!

This build is on hold for the moment. We've decided to glue the landing gear solid and, as a result, a likely rework some of the gear bay to give a more realistic appearance (as Peter suggested, above). I have another, more pressing, commission build that I've just started, in the form of the AMK 1/48 Mig 31 Foxhound. I'm not sure if I'll be posting a WIP thread in the Non-LSP forum for that one, as my time is very limited right now and photographing, uploading/commenting on the process is more than I care to tackle at the moment. Perhaps I can post pics of it when it's completed. Once that is finished, I hope to get back to the F3F in time to complete it before this GB is finished. Life has been kind of crazy lately. :frantic:

Thanks again!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels