WnW "The Duellists" Sopwith Camel F.1 and LVG C.VI

monthebiff

Andy how's the build going my friend?

Any juicy updates?

Hey Karim,

Thank you for checking in again.

Been very, very busy at work these last few weeks so not much bench time, itching to get on with this one again.

Regards. Andy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andy, are you making templates for each section of the lozenge decals? Or can you get away with simply making straight cuts to get like a rectangular portion of decal to the proper length, and then apply?

I am working on this same kit right now.  Have not started the decal work for the wings.

I was going to use the decals in the kit, but the stuff you are using really is nice.  Has an extra level of scale detail compared to the WNW stuff.

Keep up the good work!

Andy, are you making templates for each section of the lozenge decals? Or can you get away with simply making straight cuts to get like a rectangular portion of decal to the proper length, and then apply?

I am working on this same kit right now.  Have not started the decal work for the wings.

I was going to use the decals in the kit, but the stuff you are using really is nice.  Has an extra level of scale detail compared to the WNW stuff.

Keep up the good work!

Hi ringleheim,

The Aviattic stuff is just fantastic, really easy to work with, the sheets I am using on this build are A4 in size and so require templates making.

I made a full template for each flying surface from low tack masking tape, I then applied these on to the Aviattic sheet and cut the whole wing panel out and I followed this by cutting each full section into three with the join on a rib which will get covered by the rib tapes.

Hope that all makes sense to you, when you compare the WnW and aviattic lozenge there is no contest to be honest.

Regards. Andy

Hi ringleheim,

The Aviattic stuff is just fantastic, really easy to work with, the sheets I am using on this build are A4 in size and so require templates making.

I made a full template for each flying surface from low tack masking tape, I then applied these on to the Aviattic sheet and cut the whole wing panel out and I followed this by cutting each full section into three with the join on a rib which will get covered by the rib tapes.

Hope that all makes sense to you, when you compare the WnW and aviattic lozenge there is no contest to be honest.

Regards. Andy

Thanks for the input on your technique.  I follow what you did perfectly.

Now I have an idea of what I'm in for.  Thanks!