Revell/ AIMS 1/32 Junkers Ju-188 E-1 Z6+DM II/KG66

monthebiff

With the detail added to the cockpit floor skins I decided it was time for a bit of a test fit together to see how things are looking since I cut the cockpit tub apart.

20171202_170753.jpg

20171202_170656.jpg

20171202_170835.jpg

Seems like I havr just the one nasty area to fill and smooth things back out again in the foward bottom left area of the tub.

20171202_170716.jpg

Pretty happy with how the cut positions ended up and how little can be seen of the surgery, looks messy at the moment but the A stand ammo box and bomb sight will hide a lot of this. ;) .

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Looks great, Andy!

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, I've realised on this particular build that once you start on the cockpit on this one you definately do need to keep at it due to the complexity of it and the constant having to sit down and go through your reference (of which in many places there is not much), and then apply it to the kit. With so much detail not covered clearly you definately need to keep concentration on it and slowly it all starts fallinf together.

Regards. Andy

Andy,

Great stuff. I can hardly wait to see where this goes.

It's really hard to tell you cut the thing in half...lol

Thanks imatt,

Really looking foward to getting on to painting and decalling in there now.

Hopefully by the time I get paint on and close the two halves you woulnt know I cut it in half!  At least thats the plan!

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Calling the detail work on the cockpit done now and ready for paint. RB productions pedals used and cylinders cut outfrom the original Ju 88 kit parts.

20171212_212039.jpg

So the time has come to start on those tricky vac form canopy parts and as nice as they are I decided to modify the main canopy a little by carefully cutting out the B1 stand cupola so I could use one of the much better detailed Revell parts.

20171212_211340.jpg

Tricky work but well worth the extra effort I think. Also the aperture for the B2 stand cut out and test fitted and all ok!! Just waiting for my Hannants order to finish detailing the weapon stands with Master barrels etc.

As ever, thanks for checking by.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

That's really impressive work, Andy!

Kev

Thanks Kev, it was beginning to drive me mad though as the info is a bit sketchy or non existant in places, think I spent as mutch time looking at refernce material as actually doing the work.

Regards. Andy

The cockpit looks great... can't wait to see some paint on it.  How did you cut out the circle from the vac piece? Scribing/scoring using a circlular template while supporting the interior with clay is what comes to mind.

Its about time I got some paint on now isnt it John, I cut the circle from the vac peice with a compass cutter (very useful) and a firm support underneath.

Regards. Andy