North American BC-1 Trainer (Harvard Mk1) 1/48 Vacform - Sierra Scale

SirBlueHenry

I got all the internal support and edging done - although I may add a bit more edging - so that when the two halves are joined - they are not just touching in a sliver of plastic 1/3 mm wide. I need the joints to be strong and durable and added to that the 2 vertical braces are to provide that extra rigidity and support, the front support because that area is extremely flimsy and the back support to force the fuselage haves slightly larger as the vacform contained a bit of 'tuck - in'. This support ensures the fuselage has the necessary shape and doesn't go concave on the underside specifically. (as it was doing this).

I have added more support in the fin - for strength and material to attach the rudder to.

I am also getting the holes correctly files for the 3 formation lights under the fuselage. The vacform has them differently spaced from the Monogram kit - of which I am using the clear piece - although you could just as easily place them in individually and centre them in the provided hole shapes.

This just about brings me to the horizontal stabs mounting which will be up next

oh and I realised I also have a vacform Boeing 747SP 1/144. Wont that be "fun". Shall I build that soon? its only been waiting about 15 years.

If it's the Welsh kit, it probably will go together pretty easily.

oh and I realised I also have a vacform Boeing 747SP 1/144. Wont that be "fun". Shall I build that soon? its only been waiting about 15 years.

You could start it later today or tomorrow as an alternate build. Of course when I looked at your signature which has "in Progress", I think that you've got more then enough to keep you quite busy.

Joel

My signature doesn't even contain a 3rd of what is currently in progress. I need therapy I know. I have severe problems with finishing projects, but boy do I love starting them :)

So I read. 

Now I'm just the opposite. I've never started more then one kit at a time. And I've never had a SOD. If the kit defeated me in the old days, then it went to the recycling center. But as the price of 1/48 scale kits reached inflationary limits, and with my move to 1/32 for WW11 fighters and small jets, that's no longer an option. I buy carefully, have a limit of 12 aircraft models and 6 car kits for a stash, and that's it. Build one, replace one. Toss one, and I owe my brother a full breakfast at the diner including the tip. 

Joel

A lot of work done to ensure fit of horizontal stabs and elevators. and they are now pinned in such a way that the hinges look somewhat realistic. Trim tabs will come later. I worked on getting the bulkhead fitted (behind the frame), and I realised the 3 formation lights were just not going to work out the way I intended. I have to insert them after spraying and final work - so had to separate them into 3 tiny pieces and then change the internal structure to support them. Still busy with that. Started filling gaps on the rudder. Filled leading edge gaps on horizontal stabs.

.... In my head .... this is coming together .... getting close to finished.

.... reality .... this is almost at the point where I can assemble fuselage halves ....

Hey Joel, very good system you have there. I envy that. Focusing on 1 thing at a time is vastly better than my mindflayed production.

What cars do you have? I have about 15 cars I think. My favourites are Ferrari 246, 250, Porsche 356, 911 and a few others.

My favourite aircraft, no question. the Texan. Favourite manufacturers, North American, Grumman and de Havilland.

Favourite aircraft apart from the Texan ....Hellcat.