Venezuelan Sukhoi SU-30 MK2

kike_gt

Great job painting that intricate wheel well detail! And the Krypton looks fabulous too! Looking forward to the cockpit.

Mike

Thanks Mike! for the Kryptons I used this pic as a guide, since there are several kinds of paint schemes for these missiles

14956371_10210787642629084_3381732764360

Posted here just for illustration purposes and credits to the author

Sweet build coming together....I don't know a whole lot about jets, but builds like yours help me learn ! Great stuff.

Joe

The whole idea about posting it here! some may someday need the info I can provide this time, even if sometimes you feel like talking to yourself, you know at some point the info posted is gonna be helpful for somebody, or at least that's what I keep saying to myself!

the cockpit is ready to go in. maybe not my best one, but as I said, detail wasn't that great and maybe a bit of lack of skills lol!

IMG_8448_zpsj3l0zbus.jpg

I had to sand a bit of the lower corner of the front cockpit to clear it from the gear bay, just a little bit and the fit was great!

IMG_8450_zpsmh37hecm.jpg

The fit of the new front part is fairly good, but I'm not sure how to face this, should I glue the front part first or after the rear part of the upper fuselage?? opinnions

IMG_8451_zpshzuo6bxi.jpg

Then one of the biggest challenges for me with this build, is to seal that joint in such a prominent spot! kinda hard to let it like this and pretend is a panel line, isn't it?

IMG_8452_zpshc9eiiax.jpg

IMG_8454_zpsrmzp7blv.jpg

Should I add a piece of plastic behind that gap to retain CA or putty? or just try to fill it like that?

"wiggle room"?? sorry you lost me there! I'm not that good in English hehehe

Wiggle room, just a saying to say leaving enough room to move things around a little.....Harv

IMG_8524_zpscujxhftc.jpg

IMG_8521_zpsghrewxr3.jpg

IMG_8522_zps3orqdvmb.jpg

Well it looks like the gap is pretty much gone and there's only a couple of touch ups to do! the Quickboost resine nose really makes a difference on this kit's profile!

My photobucket is acting up so I'm not able to post comparisson shots, but so far I'm happy with the result!

Edited by kike_gt

I have a bit of a problem with decals.... I don't know how to make them fit, we've seen they are not match for the kit's fins nor the Wolfpack fins, maybe they are designed for the HobbyBoss kit, anyway, they are supposed to go all the way donwn and up the fin because the big blue 5 makes the border between red and yellow, well it doesn't happen, if I fit them to the top they don't cover the lower part of the fin, take a look to the fins and a dummy of the decals

IMG_8590_1_zpsjfazc8g1.jpg

The fins are supposed to look like this

IMG_8677_1_zpsxjprcax5.jpg

and like this

IMG_8677_2_zpsn19xokw8.jpg

What would you do? How would you make the transition from red to yellow without having that blue in the middle? Should I fit the upper part or the lower one?

I really don't know how to approach this issue...

i think I resolved a third of the problem I draw what is supossed to be a mask for the finns

IMG_8711_zpsi4yxtdar.jpg

Not perfect but nothing else is, so I'm pretty happy with what I have

IMG_8709_zpsfd2xj2v5.jpg

IMG_8710_zpskni2v3wu.jpg

i guess it's time to mask and paint! and see what it gives!!!

Wish me luck!