1/32 Hasegawa KI-44 'Tojo'

J-Shliker

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty guys it has been awhile since I updated this thread. Hurricane Irma had us all scrambling here in Florida. However, I had a lot of time to do some painting during the storm!

I spotted the panels and leading edges with some Bob Dively liquid mask to give me some chipping after I painted the green. It was actually more difficult than I anticipated. The final result you will see was attempt two.

I had to sand it down and try again the liquid mask needs quite a light touch I learned. Let me know what you think.

HpsKGwZ.jpgQg0pF9n.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well it has been forever and a day since I have been able to work on my model. Hurricane Irma and a move to a new house (not because of the hurricane) as well as laziness got in the way.

I am back and with vengeance I busted out my Montex masks for some decal spraying. Other than 2 hours of aligning to get them symmetrical, they are pretty easy to use for a nooby like myself.

I sprayed white for the border on the tail and white to help the red pop on the wings. More to come!

DKpLZpG.jpg

Was able to get the forward cockpit cover plate glued up. Just need to sand off the little bit of ooze from the glue. Also test fit the cowling still very impressed with the fit of this model!

I just finished the build on my KI-84 Frank, i was equally impressed with its fit and quality, if you want a nice build after this one, try the Frank. I am thinking about picking the Tojo too. Edited by 1to1scale

:hi:

Glad to have you here!

Nice work so far!

P.S. - I've been to your neck of the woods many times. I grew up just south of you in Deltona.

I've been to St Augustine to visit but only passed through Deltona going back and forth to Winter Park. Do you guys have any good LHS's near you? Orlando has pretty much dried up except for the RC crowd.