Another Hasegawa Zero Release

RBrown

I bloody love Hasegawa's Japanese WWII aeroplane kits!

The fact that there are not reams & reams of information and subsequent arguments over exhaust stub sizes or aerial fixtures is a plus for me. As are the weathering choices, from slight & subtle to British-Leyland rustbucket.

I bloody love Hasegawa's Japanese WWII aeroplane kits!

The fact that there are not reams & reams of information and subsequent arguments over exhaust stub sizes or aerial fixtures is a plus for me. As are the weathering choices, from slight & subtle to British-Leyland rustbucket.

And you could add some what-ifs to those paint schemes - e.g using them in postwar Reno Races? 

To be fair, Late war Zeros DO look pretty much alike. Pretty much only one color scheme, almost rigidly standard markings and tail codes, and almost no personalization beyond individual kill marks. I don't know if it's an IJN thing, but don't think it's a culture thing since there seems to be more variation in IJA aircraft with bold stripes or lightning bolts on the fuselage, variations in camo, and large unique squadron markings on the tails.

Although there weren't many camo schemes for US aircraft, many had nose art that made them unique. German aircraft were distinguishable because of the varied camo schemes, the multitude of number styles and fuselage codes, and things like theater markings and nose spirals.

For whatever reason, different late war IJN aircraft just don't seem to stand out like many aircraft of other nations.

Hasegawa has been slowly but steadily pumping out nice new kits of just about every major WWII japanese fighter in 1/32 over the last years, so much so that all they really have left as options are the Ki100, a re-do of their old Ki43 (which I hope they do - I keep holding off on buying the old Ki43 just in case), and variants of what they've already done (there's room for a number of 1/32 Zero variants I think).

So people must be buying them. I know I am.

I wonder if they'll move into things other than fighters in their 1/32 range. Val and Kate? I'd like a 1/32 Grace actually.

ANODDER ZERO??? DOESN'T ANYONE IN THIS BUSINESS HAVE ANY IMAGINATION AT ALL?

The founder of Hasegawa had imagination, He thought out of the box. From him we got all those great 1930's and 1940's 1/32 aircraft. 

I guess he retired.

The next in line to run the company changed the name to Nazigawa and specialized in German aircraft for a decade or so. 

Then the guy in charge started bringing out other Japanese fighters. Good man.

But he stopped too soon

Where are the important aircraft? :shrug:  The Vals, and Kates, and Jakes and Petes.

No, these offspring have no imagination atall. :wacko: The runts of the litter. So we get another ZERO.

Come on This is not the 1930's you can be different.

Give us the Kates and Vals and Petes, etc. Not just another stupid zero. :help:

Phooey.

Wow......... it's OK. Really.

This is a limited edition variant re-issue. Like Hasegawa does dozens of with literally EVERY kit they release.

This isn't the first 1/32 Zero limited edition re-issue they will release, nor will it be the last. No need for concern.

Because like I said, they do this with EVERY kit....