He 111 P2 detail thread

To add...

It looks like Revell have the front edge of the bomb bay doors exactly were they should be on later aircraft with the 'spoilers' ahead of the bomb cells.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Guest Nigelr32

To add...

It looks like Revell have the front edge of the bomb bay doors exactly were they should be on later aircraft with the 'spiolers' ahead of the bomb cells.

Iain

I agree totally Iain. Eduard actually include the spoilers in their set.

Can someone post an illustration showing us doofuses how to scratchbuild this part?

I plan on ordering the Eduard set B.I.R.D. (because it's right dammit), but unless someone is planning a resin "fix" (Jerry Rutman, are you listening? Seems like a job for Grey Matter), I wouldn't presume to know how to do this without some hand-holding.

Guest Nigelr32

Can someone post an illustration showing us doofuses how to scratchbuild this part?

I plan on ordering the Eduard set B.I.R.D. (because it's right dammit), but unless someone is planning a resin "fix" (Jerry Rutman, are you listening? Seems like a job for Grey Matter), I wouldn't presume to know how to do this without some hand-holding.

Bill,

have a look at my build thread, post number 56.

Guest Nigelr32

Nige, are you going to putty-over the gap? Thanks for the heads up, BTW.

No, I've laminated two layers of plastic card over it.

I'm currently waiting for it to dty out, at least 24 hours, then I'll rub it down to blend in with the wing section.

• 1 month later...

Guttorm,

Do you have any information on the shape of the pilot's armor plate behind his seat? I just bought the 111 and I am very annoyed they left this part off of this boxing of the model (was on the test build shown on Hyper Scale). And, do you have a plan of the shape of the clear machine gun position at the front of the gondola?---another annoying omission. Thank you. jeff

the armour seat was not installed in the early versions of the Heinkel 111 and Ju88..as the need for that became clearer later in the war..( not much later actually ) first it was fieldmade..then factorymade.. I think i posted some good pics of the front part of the gondola here from our He 111, as that was made from factorydrawings of the P version bola ( back in the 70`s when it was restored )

hope you all had a nice x-mas.. trying to get some modeling done between battles..but not much lately..to much work :(

hobbyroom.jpg

trying to catch up with a few builds.. hoping to get a couple done, to many halfbuildt laying around so put my act together..cleaned the bobbyroom at work and and wil get something done..someday..soon..i hope..when i have time between the 1:1 scales :)

hope you all got what you wanted for X-Mas :)

Happy new year folks :) and the gloves .. Maybe that is why I have problems with the details.. Try work without them the next time :) its a nice hobby room but it is at work and the 1:1 scales do take most of the time .. But a little done now and then makes a model in the end :) wish you all a great 2012

• 8 months later...

Hello guys great thread. I was just wondering if any one has used the scale drawings of the interior etc and blown them up to 1/32 scale........The reason i ask is i am about to attempt my Henikel and love the work Nigel r32 has done on the interior, my concern is though the stripping etc that has been used looks to be overscale and i was wondering if the scale plans had been blown up and the stripping size taken from them .... sorry if it looks like im rivet counting not my intention at all and i am not trying to detract from the great work done but i was just looking for a good scale effect and the size tha has been used does look quite big on my model... Can any one help and sorry if i have offended anyone