L-39ZA 1/32 HPH Models

viva

Hi all, 

Back to the hobby after a long break, I decied to finished what I have started a long time ago: the L-39ZA 1/32 from HPH models.

Includes here are some work in progress pics that I took along the battle. Yes, I called it the Battle as this is my first resin kit and oh boy....

A/The Kit:

For the price tag, you will get lots of resin, PE both in color and brass, fabric seat belt, masking for canopy, clear resin canopy and formation lights, vacumm form for wing tips lights cover and round up with 2 decals sheets.

The fit: quite nice in some place and horrible in many places. Watch out for these cons:

1. The intake or you can call it the nightmare. It took me ages for sanding and swearing to make the damn things fit properly.

2. Wings to fuselage, a better nightmare compare to the intake but still...It's better if you attach the wings to fuselage before attach the intakes as you will have more spaces for sanding the joints.

3. The boarding ladder is a very nice touch and well detailed. However, you have to sand the cockpit tube then test fit then sand again  to accommodate the PE boxes for the ladder.

4. The canopy is made from resin and must remove from the casting block with care as they are really fraglie.

5. The inner frame for the canopy is another drama, somehow the fit really out of places.

6. There are no location pins but there is location holes so all I have to do is made location pins from brass tube

7. There are some details HPH required the modeller to scratch-build.

8. Rivets everywhere but very sallow and couldn't hold a light wash so I have to punched every single rivets with a sharp needle (I won't ever ever do this again)

Pros:

1. Stunning cockpits, outsanding details especially the seats. The fabric seat belt took me 2 hours for each seats.

2. Decal are really thin but fragile

3.  Resin, PE, farbric seats belt, nice decal, stunning details on most of the resin parts..etc. you really don't need any after market parts for this

4. And most important, this is the only L-39 1/32 in the market for the time being.

The Build:

Paint: gunze all the way, weathering used Mig product and color pencil for all the chippings

Scratch build items: the avonic bays as I always love the look of it. FOD cover, ground equipment from Lego blocks, the base is from Noy minatures with extra homemade grass and extensive weathering. The background is picture found from the internet, printed out by laser printer then repaint some sections for a better look. 

All figures are from unknown source, I'm understand those figures may incorrect to use in this scence. These figures is to add some human touch and acts as a size comparison to the L-39 which is really small.

Out of those scratchbuild items, the avonics bay took a lot of time and effort, however I'm pround that I did that as this will help my L-39 stands out from other 1/32 L-39 out there ( for the time being )

After 5 months on and off, here I am with the completed model and some final though:

Am I happy with the result ? Yes, I did my best. 

The kit worth the hard earned money? Yes ! 

The fit of the kit is good ? Hell no ! 

The details is good ? Outstanding !

Will I build this kit again ? Maybe in the next 3 years.

Hope you like this as I do.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

This is fabulous and I don't say it lightly. The L39 is superb, the figures are exquisite, the composition of the diorama extremely well done and your scratch building and innovative use of lego blocks is impressive...

Very well done my friend!

Karim

What a great build and excellent final result :)

We have the same plane at BGAF, but there is only resin kit at the market :(

It is a challenge, but you my friend did a superb work here :)

The WIP is one great HOW-TO build this sweet birdy.

Cheers