My thoughts are with those in Manchester tonight.

TonyT

My heart goes out to those that have perished, to those who were injured, to those who will psychologically fight the torment and evils of the attack, the all the families so deeply affected.

I know forum rules do not permit  us saying how how we feel beyond this barbarous act.

Peter

I echo my brothers thoughts and words. He speaks for all of our family.

Joel

So sad. My condolences to all victims and their families.

Why anyone that was born and raised in the UK (AND been given every possibility to make something of his life) would do such an act of barbarism is beyond belief.

Guest The Southern Bandit

I'm watching a mother on the news wondering where her 15 yr. old daughter was...and I find out that she's one of the deceased.

It's heartbreaking.

Saw that too ... heartbreaking :(

Andy, just saw a video taken in Manchester, were Tony Walsh (Longfella) read a poem, expressing his and everybody's feelings, .....the macunian way.....very impressing, take care.

Thanks Jack, I remember going into the city centre a couple of days after the IRA bomb in 96, the mood was sombre then, nothing like it is now, especially as the names of the victims are being released, it's heartbreaking.

Edited by Kagemusha

Guest The Southern Bandit

If there is a silver lining to this horror ... its the way the people of Manchester are rallying together, been watching the news on and off and very impressed with how they are dealing with this, its the family and friends of the victims I feel for just now though.

I go to a lot of these big venues for rock concerts and the word is armed police and possibly even Army will be present at future ones throughout the country for the foreseeable future ... I don't really have a problem with that, these places are such soft easy targets, my next concert is Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow at Glasgow Hydro in just over 4 weeks but that's assuming I'm fitter after my recent accident though.

Ultimately the terrorists have failed again, we wont stop our way of life because of this or other attacks, just a senseless horrific .... words fail me, gonna have to stop there :(

I really don't understand this..................... life is so precious, and most of us are doing everything we can to keep going, .................... like some of you guys here, trying hard to stay with us, and then we have to deal with despicable acts of violence such as this................what possible RATIONAL reason could kids having fun do to deserve this............... i know , it isn't rational....... so when these guys kill us all off , and they win, then what??? I don't understand to what end this is going to?? I guess because I'm a rational guy...... if this is the new normal, I don't like it much, I prefer to go back to the old ways..... and yes please keep us up to date on the girl in the coma, our hearts and prayers are with everyone..... this makes me so damn mad !

Jeff

Jeff, there is nothing to understand. It was an pure act of terrorism and produced what was intended, panic and fear......................IN THE SHORT TERM..............it won't help at all in the long term, but the terrorists fail to see this,

and won't until ALL even handed people around the world, say with a single voice..............ENOUGH

If there is a silver lining to this horror ... its the way the people of Manchester are rallying together, been watching the news on and off and very impressed with how they are dealing with this, its the family and friends of the victims I feel for just now though...........

As the Bandit has said 'a Silver Lining'.............populated by ALL races, creeds, and colours.

Thoughts and prayers are with those who are in pain, have suffered life changing injuries, to those who have lost,

may your God walk with you at this time.............................

We are ALL the same on this lump of spinning rock called Earth, we SHOULD all breath, walk, talk, laugh,cry.........

after all we ALL bleed the same colour..............................

Maru, namaste to you, your Mom and to all at the schools and the mosque

who show solidarity with their fellow human beings.

Proud of ya Guys............................

Paul

Bruce Springsteen said : ".... because in 1985, blind faith in you leaders or in anything will get you killed."

That was over 30 years ago, but sadly still true today.

Humanity as a whole will learn from this attack, it will evolve. It's time that ALL of us start acting.

There's billions of us, and only thousands of terrorists. Use your eyes and ears, if you see something suspicious, if you see a person preaching hatred, if you see someone expressing radical thoughts

=> report them to the authorities.

Security people (like me) cant be everywhere, but you can help us by watching out for yourselves, and by watching others.

BE SAFE and become part of the solution.

Don't be scared and enjoy your life to the fullest, but keep an eye on your surroundings, it might save YOUR life, and it will definitely save the lives of others.

Lets all work together so that one day this madness will end for good.

Ultimately the terrorists have failed again, we wont stop our way of life because of this or other attacks, just a senseless horrific .... words fail me, gonna have to stop there :(

Yesterday I helped two little kids experience drums and percussion. They were very young and in extreme situations.

They smiled. Had fun. :)

That's all I can do. Otherwise I'd cry at the stupidity of humankind. :(

Hey, I did that too!

Matt  :frantic: