1:32 Fairey Flycatcher

Silver Wings

At Silver Wings, we are proud that 2011 is shaping up to be our best year ever in terms of number of releases. As always, we are grateful that modelers have recognized our dedication to bringing you highly detailed, quality kits made with the modeler in mind. With the support and encouragement of our customers and retailers, we have worked very hard to improve our processes and ability to bring you more kits of interesting subjects.

We are therefore pleased to announce that our third kit for 2011 is a 1/32 Fairey Flycatcher!

The Fairey Flycatcher was one of the earliest aircraft specifically designed for operation from aircraft carriers and could take off in under 50 meters! It is probably the most well-known of the Royal Navy's fleet fighters, serving for over 10 years on the front line in a variety of colorful markings.

We are pleased to offer this kit in three of the most colourful options, with decals for aircraft from 401 Flight, HMS Furious, 404 Flight, HMS Courageous, and the well-known colours of 408 Flight, HMS Glorious.

Predicted availability date - the end of August 2011

Additional information about this exciting new kit will be coming soon!

We received only two correct guesses to a proper e-mail address, from Roy Philpot and Ron Spencer.

Lucky guesses will receive 50% discount off the retail price.

Silver Wings

Wojtek Kulakowski

CEO

tn_flycatcher_box.jpg

tn_flycatcher_blue1.jpg

tn_flycatcher_blue2.jpg

tn_flycatcher_blue3.jpg

tn_flycatcher_red1.jpg

tn_flycatcher_red2.jpg

tn_flycatcher_red3.jpg

tn_flycatcher_yellow1.jpg

tn_flycatcher_yellow2.jpg

tn_flycatcher_yellow3.jpg

:wow:

Wojtek, You and your team come up with some amazing subjects!

How does anyone guess such an obscure(at least for me)subject? :clap2:

Barry

Edited by Barry

Woohoo! Now we just need a Bulldog and we will have new 1/32 kits of all the old 1/48 Pyro/Inpact/Lindberg quartet! Those are some nice looking schemes, which one to do... :hmmm:

Cheers,

Doug

Whoopee!!! I might just have to order three of these beauties and if someone were to come out with an after market float set, perhaps a couple more! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Added>> To answer the "how does one guess" question - I chose the aircraft I most wanted to see modeled in 1/32 and got lucky!

Edited by OldTroll

Oh God! I'm still trying to save up enough money for some of the previous releases!

I went with a Siskin...but I just know we'll see one some day. Well done Wojtek! You are filling a major gap in the market and we all love you for it! I'll definitely be buying a Flycatcher because I want to model John Fairey's replica Flycatcher that did the airshow circuit in the 1980's. I can't wait!

Fingers crossed for a Siskin, Gauntlet and Bulldog!

Thank you Silver Wings!

Regards;

Steve

Wow, this is a very cool choice. It starts to make sense in my brain that all of Silver Wings choices have silver wings... Maybe we can hope for the Bulldog, Siskin and Gauntlet in the very near term, but I still hope for some Yellow wings in there as well. Just remember that under those US Navy yellow top wings, most of them wore aluminum doped (silver) lower wings, so we could sort of get away with it and still call them "silver wings". Please don't get upset if I want to build some in camo colors (like a Danish Gauntlet).

I second the request for floats. Flycatcher and Hart would be extremely cool with floats.

Tnarg

Hi Guys,

My vote was for a Bristol Bulldog but I will buy the Flycatcher anyway :-)

There are very few Hawker Hart kits in the UK at this time and I had to order one from White Ensign Models at a vastly inflated price, but hey ho, at least it should be here tomorrow via Special Delivery.

Looking forward to it rather muchly,

Dave.

Wow, this is a very cool choice. It starts to make sense in my brain that all of Silver Wings choices have silver wings... Maybe we can hope for the Bulldog, Siskin and Gauntlet in the very near term, but I still hope for some Yellow wings in there as well. Just remember that under those US Navy yellow top wings, most of them wore aluminum doped (silver) lower wings, so we could sort of get away with it and still call them "silver wings". Please don't get upset if I want to build some in camo colors (like a Danish Gauntlet).

I second the request for floats. Flycatcher and Hart would be extremely cool with floats.

Tnarg

Well, in all actuality, most aircraft have silver wings underneath the paint, so the possibilities are indeed endless :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...