"Old Revell" Kiwi Corsair ; FINISHED

Allok

The quick mock-up of the assembled fuse.

Typically, none of the ribbing I did earlier is visible behind the pilots armour plate.

It was fun but I won't be doing it again!

post-1256-1168034918.jpg

This is coming along very nice. The pit has a very clean look to it great job makes me want to build one more corsair, I thimk it may have to be an F4U4 this time.

I would like to see the pit in paint.

Cheers Murph...

Still great work !

But a big Q commes to mind. Why add ribs and detail into the fuselage that once build won't be vissable anymore ?

It seems such a lot of work for nothing.

Just wondering

Why add ribs and detail into the fuselage that once build won't be visible anymore ?

A couple of the photo references I've got don't have the armour plate. In these instances, the ribs were reasonably obvious. I wasn't sure how much would be seen with the plate there so decided to er on the side of caution. Some may still be seen under the rear of the seat but you would have to really look.

:unsure: :lol: :P

Wow man I like it so far realy realy liking this, Indeed the ribs are hard to see but at least they are there :P

Nice build so far I'm looking foward to seeing the rest of this great build

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Just for Murph!

Cranked up the airbrush and started painting the cockpit.

Seat belts are masking tape, buckles are bits of plastic.

post-1256-1168141118.jpg

post-1256-1168141162.jpg

Shadow is always there to help.

post-1256-1168141206.jpg

Allok, how I missed this build, I really don't know, but the work you're doing is just super. That cockpit and engine detailing is spot-on I reckon. I do enjoy seeing people re-work these old revell kits. I have an appreciation for reworking really old kits, as my current Airfix Spitfire Mk 1 has been dragging on for about 2 years, due to headache-inducing detailing. So hats off to you!

Top stuff mate, can't wait to see more progress!

Cheers

Ango.