• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Bill M.

Bill M.

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:16 AM

Well, I can understand that Paul is quite busy. The part that I really want to see most are the asymmetrical Y-racks for sidewinders, etc.. No one has accurately done them in 1/32 scale. Of course other Crusader conversions and corrections would be welcome too.
Bill M.
  • harvey, David66 and David Hansen like this

#17 David Hansen

David Hansen

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:14 AM

Good point. The Sidewinder rails are "unique", to put it mildly. I'm sure Paul is aware of this. If i were him i'd probably be pondering how to go about casting something like that, but strictly a guess on my part. Due to its shape, not sure if you could make it a one piece casting.

-d-

• harvey likes this

#18 Aptivaboy

Aptivaboy

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

If you're thinking about new parts or conversions, how about this guy: https://en.wikipedia...2000-002001.jpg

It's probably a pipe dream, but as a NASA and F-8 aficionado I'd love to see it, certainly the prettiest paint scheme to ever adorn a Crusader.

Bob

• harvey likes this

#19 Bill M.

Bill M.

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

That is an interesting F-8-- no doubt. I'm just interested in some corrected parts to build a correct F-8E/J fighter. The asymmetrical Y missile racks are absolutely needed. Corrections to make the nose more round would certainly be welcome too. Hopefully someone will do them someday.
Bill M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users