House of the Flying Daggers! Mirage Double Feature Italeri/Revell

dutik

???? So by your logic if James Hatch, Jerome Peters or Eric take on a project then I should ditch my build of the same subject, I happily built my Felixtowe alongside several world class modellers, we shared ideas and experiences and had a great time. Eric is probably my best mate and I KNOW he would be happy to assist with your build in any way he can, so come on mate start gluing plastic together because we al would like to see your take on the subject

sincerly

Brent

Great ! That will be interesting ! And building 2 models at the same time is ambitious ! (i tried with 2 F-4's and one of them has stalled.... :) )

I love the dagger, and cant wait to see that ! I dont even think i've ever seen one in 1/32.

Faced a problem: I have no scribing template for rectangular covers with rounded corners. Will work on other details until I've got some funds to order the needed template.

Regards

- dutik

You can make one very easily : just drill 4 holes in a piece of plastic card to make a rectangle of the required dimensions, with the good diameter to get the required radius. Then cut the rectangle between each hole, and you have your template.

Edited by Zero77

You can make one very easily : just drill 4 holes in a piece of plastic card to make a rectangle of the required dimensions, with the good diameter to get the required radius. Then cut the rectangle between each hole, and you have your template.

Yep. I do this all the time.

Kev

Thanks for that, now I feel like an idiot :doh:

Lothar

Willkommen im Club! Wir haben Kaffee und Kekse hier :hi:

lol!! Amazing what pressing an extra button can reveal

Please do not, I repeat: do NOT push that LARGE RED BUTTON below the "Do not push" stencilling! :wicked:

Regards

- dutik

Hi

Wow two one the bench at the same time !!!! well if i dare to say , good luck .......and be patient , especially with the Revell kit . Every pieces glued together need putty and sand ( the fit wings fuselage is a pity ) ,the whole kit must be engraved( not a sinecure)  the fit of the Isracast parts is .......random , the main wheel bays are not  easy to glue at the right place , be careful when gluing the nose cone , there are no pins to help , it's easy to be trapped ( pointing down or high turning left or right etc... )well you can see , it's a demanding kit, but as I often say :" with urge , things are easier" .......I have currently this kit associated with an Isracast conversion on the work bench , if you don't mind I would be tempted to start a WIP along of yours

Alain   

Due to popular demand we are re-opening now:

The House of the Flying Daggers! - season 2 -

Come in, Ladies amd Gents, and watch the drama unfolding :clap2:

mirage06eqyfc.jpg

Oh-oh! The port fuselage half got warped over the years. Mind the gap!

Time to take some action. Went to my hardware stash and made a device from some nuts, bolts and metal plate:

mirage07acxdv.jpg

A Ninja tool, indeed :ninja: :wicked:

Well, this will set anything straight and level when time has come. But before this I have to engrave the fuselage. Good advise how to make my own engraving templates from styrene! Thank you very much!

But to be honest: I love my shiny tools :yahoo:

mirage08e9aoc.jpg

To tell you a dirty little secret: I am very professional of misaligning drilled holes and adding distinct curvatures to straight cut lines...  :whistle: 

So I will wait until the new template arrives.  :tumble:

Welcome back!

- dutik