I'm in with Trumpeter's F-105D. I really wish there was more to convert it to an F-105B as I'd really like to do a Thunderbirds scheme. Right now, I'm not sure of markings...

My intent was to build this bird as a long-term project, working on it mainly during my local club's weekly build nights. We'll see how it goes.

The obligatory first pics of what I have so far:

DSCN1454%5B1%5D.jpg

DSCN1466%5B1%5D.jpg

DSCN1585_1.jpg

Edited by Bill_S

Me 2 !

I was always fond of the lines of the NMF 105-Bs and Ds ... Even though they had a key role in Vietnam, the twin-seats don't do anything for me (nor the camoed 'chiefs single or twin-seats) ...

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Bill, are you planning to use FOD covers?...otherwise you can see straight thru the rear fuselage and engine.

Have you found a new radome and ventral fin as they are way off.

Depending  on what version and year you are building, determines which wing reinforcements you need

to eliminate.

Look at Andre's build, he and I built 105's for the Air War over Vietnam GB, .  mine is an early silver lacquer

with a lot of backdating mods and his is a later camo version closer to the kit.

Have Fun

jack

Bill, are you planning to use FOD covers?...otherwise you can see straight thru the rear fuselage and engine.

Have you found a new radome and ventral fin as they are way off.

Depending  on what version and year you are building, determines which wing reinforcements you need

to eliminate.

Look at Andre's build, he and I built 105's for the Air War over Vietnam GB, .  mine is an early silver lacquer

with a lot of backdating mods and his is a later camo version closer to the kit.

Have Fun

jack

Jack, I'd like to scratch the intakes. I know you did it on yours - can you recommend any good references?

Fuselage mods. When I bought the kit, I got the Cutting Edge set which includes a new nose and corrected ventral fin.

Here I've cut off the kit's ventral fin:

DSCN1594_1.jpg

I still have some finish sanding to do here, but I tried to fit the replacement fin.

DSCN1595_1.jpg

DSCN1596_1.jpg

All in all, a good fit. Minimal filling will be required. I'm pleased. For a single seater, this kit is huge!

Edited by Bill_S