1/18 Fairey Firefly VX376

airscale

...Well, being that Peter has just conquered the world with his Spit, there really isn't anything higher to achieve! Not unless there's an IPMS competition held at Galaxy level?  :rofl:

Savour the recent fame and fortune and bring us an update when you're ready Peter.....we'll all be here waiting for the next installment of "Modelling the Jedi way"

Seasons Greetings all :)

Been a while since we had an update... Hope all is well

Cheers

Larry

Hi Larry - thanks for asking, and yes all is well (with me anyway...)

Less so for the Firefly however, as after a lot of thinking I have decided to stop work on the project :(

A number of reasons really, I think I was a bit hasty jumping into something new and have never really felt the attatchment I did with my Spit, I fretted over having to paint a full metal airframe that looks so nice in it's natural finish, I struggled to find good drawings and factory references and in the end I got as far as making some wing blanks & just hit a wall and thought if I feel like this now, how do I stay motivated for the next 2 years, so I decided to stop...

All is not lost though as I have been researching and preparing PE for a new project which I will set out in the New Year - it is something I think will be much more popular and engaging than the Firefly and has already led me to speak to some fascinating people across the globe.

I do apologise to those following the Firefly, I know I have let some of you down and feel a bit of a flake, but in the long term I need to be 100% into something as otherwise it just won't work out so i hope you understand

All the best for the New Year and see you in 2018 with what I hope will be an enjoyable romp with one of aviation historys greats :)

TTFN
Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Peter

Fully understand that motivation and a strong attachment is so important in staying the course and devoting the countless hours a project of this scope will require. Better to come to that realization now then months struggling with a project you do not have your heart into.

Eagerly ooking forward to the New Project

Best Wishes for thevNew Year

Peter

Sorry to hear of the project's demise. For what it was, it was something else and I enjoyed the build narrative all along the way. Glad to hear you have new plans for 2018. For the record, I'd like to register a guess: A late war P-47.

--Jim

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear that, it looked like it was shaping up to be another winner (I don't think you can do any less!). But yes, I completely understand. Whatever your new project will be it will be awesome to watch it unfold like all your previous work :)

On the plus side (at least for me) I don't have you worry about you upstaging my eventual firefly build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :evil_laugh:

Happy new year mate, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2018 treats us to.

Craig

Well Peter, glad to know everything is okay. I wondered if the Firefly would keep your attention and if so, could possibly show me another way of getting back on the horse with the kits I've started and stalled with.

Can't wait to see your next project of course, I'm sure it will be a dozy as well

Happy New Year!!!

Larry

Never mind, Peter.

Put it away in a box and get on with something more engaging once your batteries are re-charged after that monumental Spitfire project.

And then one day, you'll re-open the Firefly box and decide you may have something there.

Happy New Year!