Hasegawa 1:32 Me109F-2

Iain

Been working on Hasegawa's 109F-2 for last couple of weeks for a build feature in Military in Scale - thought some might like to see where she's up to.

re2005404.JPG

Just letting the varnish harden - then decals and weathering - the two stages that start to bring a model to life!

Need to get this one 'in the can' so I can focus on the '111 ;)

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Very nice!!

Coming on a treat, really looking forward to seeing her when she's finished. :speak_cool:

I've got one in the to-do pile, but heck, with so much coming up it'll be a way off yet!

Thanks for sharing.

Roy.

Hi Ads - yup - is present on all the Hasegawa 109s I've built.

What you see there is exaggerated though because of the gloss finish/lighting.

Confident you won't notice after she's been matted down :)

Iain

always wanted to an Assi Hahn plane, if nothing else just in honour of my chickens!:)

Ummm, I'm not a chicken expert, but isn't that a Rooster on the nose?

Edited by DougN

Thanks guys - I make it a cockerel ;)

She's looking far too clean and tidy at the moment - so out with the oils and pastels over the weekend. Will post a couple of 'finished' images on Sunday (if all goes to plan).

I love this scheme - and the contrast between the soft edged camouflage and the bold blocks of yellow and black.

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Mutter, mutter...

Don't you just hate it when you're almost there - decals are on and you're weathering - and you spot a really obvious fault? :BANGHEAD2:

Well - tonight I did. Having done an oil wash I was concerned about just how prominent the horizontal panel line should be on the cowl, below the gun troughs, as one side appeared more prominent than the other?

Well - photo's studied and there isn't a panel line on F's!!!!

Problem is - the top of the cockerel decals align perfectly with the joints I need to fill and blend in.

This *may* be interesting...

Have put tape across the bottom edge of the joint, over the cockerels, and have added Revell filler above. Hopefully I'll be able to blend in and refinish without causing major damage.

At least I haven't sworn yet.

Iain

Hiya Ian :) <waves>

Now - over on BM there's also been discussion re. the two panel lines on top of the wings not being there on the F-2 - I was a little dubious but have found a photo that appears to corroborate this (wonder if the panels joints were filled - anyone know?).

So - in addition to cowl panels - some more work needed on wings - at just the point in the build that I didn't need it!

Oh well, in for a penny and all that...

re2005406.JPG

re2005407.JPG

re2005408.JPG

Repeat after me - 'it's only a bl**dy model!' :deadhorse:

Iain