Hasegawa 1/32 KI-84 Frank

Thanks to the generosity of Jolly Roger an LSP forum member I was finally able to finish this build. I started this build several years ago. It was near completion over 2 years ago when I had left it in the backseat of my wife's car, she was side swiped by another driver (nobody was hurt thankfully) and the model took nasty ride around the car. I had managed to find most of the broken pieces that were flung around the interior of the car, but the radio mast eluded recapture. I had stored it away deciding that it was not fixable due to the damage that it had sustained. And previously it had a bad reaction to the flat coat I sprayed and the paint on the bottom bubbled up so I almost threw it away a couple of times. Fast forward to a couple of month ago I just happened to find the long neglected build hiding in one of my storage totes I put out a request for an antenna and was sent one by one of the members of LSP Community. So after over two years forgotten about and with a fresh look at it, I decided it could be saved.

The model represents a late war KI-84. Many photos show little or no markings other than the national insignia and as such I chose to depict it with no markings. The interior is from Aires, some Eduard photoetch is used as well. I finished the model with Xtracolor enamels and used Alclad flat finish to flat it. I used the Eduard canopy masks, they have literally been on the canopy for over 5 years and I just removed them today, there was no issues at all with residue from the masks, what a wonderful product. I also used Montex masks for the national insignias. All other markings are masked and painted on.

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

Fixed changed to firefox and photos were fine.

Thanks for looking in

Edited by steel_tiger

Very nice.  I like that it is a clean machine.  You need to make a small brass plaque with the models' history inscribed.  Nothing is as easy as it seems.  Love that diamond base.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks for the kind words. I have to say it was nice to actually finish a project, it has been years since I have. I do have a couple of shots of the bottom I will post up tomorrow or Saturday.  Harvey the exhausts are from Quickboost, sprayed with Alclad some color or other, drybrushed with something else and finally Tamiya powders. I really should keep notes, they say that something goes first but I can never remember what that is.

Thanks

Edited by steel_tiger