The best 1/32 BF 109 is...

Vitor Costa

190's ...

Although Revell has recently jumped into the game with a new tooled F-8 and A-8 (nightjäger) which are pretty accurate and well detailed ... Like their recent 109 kits, there are a few questions raised about their engineering of certain parts.

It seems to me to just be an overenthusiastic approach to detailing ... and most issues in that vein can be dealt with using the myriad of AM released since the kits came out.

Until their arrival, Hasegawa's newer tooled kits (or their Revell re-boxings) were the only kits for A-5, 6, 7, 8, F-8 and D-9 ... 

Likewise PCM did the earlier A-1, 2, 3 (all options in one box) in a multi media kit ... As with any limited run kit it will give you a decent kick in the pants if you're not switched on to taking your time to ensure correct fitting.

But for all that it finishes off quite nicely.

Zoukei-Mura has had the full FW.190 line up in development for a number of years now ... I don't know how far they are along ... but there's been some recent CAD drawings released ... I, for one, intend to collect the lot when they eventually make it to market.

They currently have a TA-152 out also which is nice ... PCM having the only other release (albeit with the same caveats as listed for the A-1-3 kit mentioned above)

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

There is no perfect kit, but I think Hasegawa wins overall for both the 109 and 190. They are simple and build really nicely. I have built 2 Eduard E-4's (1/48 and 1/32), and while they look good finished, they weren't always a fun build.

Welcome to the site

Was about to write up a list of the 109s, but Artful covered it nicely.

Only comments are:

Trumpeter F's are actually G-2's so plenty of differences, aka Hasegawa is the only game in town.

The Cyberhobby/Dragon kit makes you think "why do I ever build anything else". It really is that nice

The Eduard E's er ok, but a pain with regards to making the nose fit, and some rough edges.

The Trumpeter build up ok

The Revell kits are a little complex but build up nicely

But again, it depends if you are going for absolute accuracy or having a good time...

I think I agree with Rog. Have the E4 profipack in my stash. Lots of extras for your money and if you build it with the engine displayed and the cowls off you avoid the fit issues. Search the forums.. there are some good build threads I've seen around here somewhere

Not knowing much on 109s myself, can the Hasegawa 109F-4 TROP kit be build as a non "Trop" kit and other F variants out of the box? Guessing it is likely but it seems about the only Has F that is still available for cheap

It can be built as a F-4 trop or late F-4 out of the box.

For an early F-4 or F-2 you will  need to source the shallow oil cooler and the small supercharger intake and its associated cowling panel. 

There are 2 Fw190 short noses. The A-3/4 (shortest noses)

only kitted by PCM and no longer available, and the A-5 and

upward (shorter than the D but longer than the A-3/4)

best kitted by Hasegawa.

There did I confuse things well enuff ? :wacko:

Oh and welcome Vitor :hi:

Hello friends :)

WOW!!! Thank you very much! I was not expecting a such warm reception and so many replys to my question, even because i think im the 5981st guy to do it :)

Well in fact i have the Eduard Profipack E3, but i would like to start with something easier and faster to build. Besides that i rather prefer the most recent versions such as F's G's and K's.

As i told here before i read something about this, that Trumpeter/Hobby boss make crap in everything they do, i thought that being bigger they could be a little bit better but... but i know they have plenty of details and are easy to put together, and then the Hasegawa kits more accurate but with less details and more expensive, but the most important to me, at least now, its to have the best good looking kit, even because i don't know the differences between types.

For what you guys said here the Hasegawa looks to be the thing i want... for the price maybe is better to start with a Revell one... 
Lets see what i can find on ebay :D :D :D

Thank you all once more, im liking to be here ( i would like to make a like to all of you but it seams i can only do one like per day!!!!)

Best regards from Portugal

Vitor Costa

The Cyberhobby/Dragon kit makes you think "why do I ever build anything else". It really is that nice

Agreed,. The only real issue that I've encountered so far, is that one of the hard plastic wheel well inserts has snapped into three pieces, and was warped out of shape to begin with.