Su-27UB Red 25 Finished!

Grant_T

Sunday evening here, so time to quit for the weekend. I did the touch ups and some detail painting, and then sealed it. Next up are the decals and the weathering. I'm working on lots of additional bits and pieces on the side too.

42.jpg

44.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg

45.jpg
Edited by Grant_T

Wow, looking fantastic! Great job on the painting. How much weathering are you planning? Looks like it has a bit already.

The decals will really enhance it, looking forward to the finish build.

Mike

Wow, looking fantastic! Great job on the painting. How much weathering are you planning? Looks like it has a bit already.

The decals will really enhance it, looking forward to the finish build.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Just a light panel wash with oils I think. In the pictures I have Red 20 is very clean.

Paint work looks great!

Looks like that may have been a wee bit of a pricy mask job with all that Tamiya tape!

I love their kabuki tape, but usually try to supliment/augment it with some plastic wrap, or glossy moisture resistant magazine paper for masking purposes so as not to have to use quite so much Tamiya tape.

Looking forward to more!

Paint work looks great!

Looks like that may have been a wee bit of a pricy mask job with all that Tamiya tape!

I love their kabuki tape, but usually try to supliment/augment it with some plastic wrap, or glossy moisture resistant magazine paper for masking purposes so as not to have to use quite so much Tamiya tape.

Looking forward to more!

Cheers. I just had a look at your SU-30 MKK build. It is truly outstanding!

Not a huge amount of time in the last week or so, but this weekend I got a chance to give the top a wash to tone down the colours and bring out the panel lines. I'm in San Diego for he next week for a conference (including a visit to the Midway hopefully) so no more progress for a while.

53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg

• 2 weeks later...